Yokoso! Japan - 通訳ガイド的日本再発見

海外から日本に来る外国人観光客の方々に、通訳ガイドの視点から、日本の良さを伝えたい…日頃見慣れた風景もあらためて見れば新鮮に映る、そんな視点で日本を再発見し、通訳ガイドの方もすぐ活用できるように、英語で紹介します。

プロフィール

ホイサムジャイ

Author:ホイサムジャイ
放浪癖あり(笑)。好きなTV番組は「モヤモヤさまぁ~ず」「ちい散歩」「タモリ倶楽部」「ぶらり途中下車の旅」などなど。。。良く言えば「自由人」、悪く言えば「鉄砲玉」(←出たら戻って来んのかい!)

最新記事

最新コメント

最新トラックバック

月別アーカイブ

カテゴリ

天気予報


-天気予報コム- -FC2-

Admin

上記の広告は1ヶ月以上更新のないブログに表示されています。
新しい記事を書く事で広告が消せます。

変わってしまった風景もあれば、変わらない風景もある。。。ふむふむ(←のっけから変?・笑)
本日は「変わらない日常の風景」を目指して・・・

やってきたのは、そう「アメ横」。
景色は全然変わっていないっすもんね~^^

ameyoko01.jpg

あいかわらず人で溢れかえっています(T-T)
突入するのに勇気がいるかも(笑)

ameyoko02.jpg

・・・もう動けない(T-T)

ameyoko03.jpg

あ、これは年末によく見かける「絵」ですが・・・
1年中おんなじなんですねっ! w(゜o゜)w

ameyoko04.jpg

やっぱりアーミーものは、はずせないっすね~^^

ameyoko05.jpg

もっともワタシは、食い気の方ですが(笑)
しかしまぁ。。。お菓子も袋単位でしか売ってないので、買い食いが「大人買い」・・・つまり「大人買い食い」になりますか~(←それ大人なのか子供なのかわからんぞっ!・笑)

で、ご存知の通り、この「アメ横」。。。名称の由来としては、第二次世界大戦末期のアメリカ軍による東京大空襲で焼け野原と化したこの地(元は下町特有の住宅街)に、アメリカ軍の払い下げ物資を安く売りたたく方たちの店が多数集まったことから「アメ屋(「アメリカ関連物資の、屋(店)」との意)」と呼ばれ始めたとする説や、アメリカ兵が小遣い稼ぎに物資を持ち込んでお店を開き、アメリカの製品が大量に出回ったことから「アメ屋(「アメリカの、屋(店)」との意)」と呼ばれ始めたとする説・・・あとは、飴を販売する店が多数出店したことから「飴屋」と呼ばれ始めたとする説があるそうです。

アメ横は第二次世界大戦後、国に許可を受けない闇市だったそうです。様々な人たちが様々な物を売買しており、白昼の発砲事件なども起きていた、ちょっとばかし物騒な場所だったそうで。。。で、手を焼いた当局が、近くの実業家・近藤広吉さんに頼み込み、80軒の商店を収容した「近藤マーケット」なるものを作らせました。この「近藤マーケット」は出所の怪しい者を排除して出店させたため、アメ横はやっと正常化への道をたどることができたそうです・・・当時はホント、大変だったでしょうね。。。

ではこのあたりで、いつものやつを。
本日は日本語で説明したあたりも踏まえて「アメ横」で m(_ _)m

Ameyoko is a packed shopping bazaar full of stalls selling almost anything you can imagine. It runs roughly south of Ueno station along the inside of the JR Yamanote line tracks to Okachimachi station. If you are looking for a more typically "Asian" market street in Tokyo, with bargaining expected and friendly vendors trying to out-shout each other, this is it. Definitely a good place for souvenirs for friends back home. The district got its name in the post-war years from the American blue jeans and other items that were sold on the black market.

There are many fish markets because the biggest fish market "Tsukiji" is very nerarby. Also, dry food, snacks, and any other food markets are opened and all shops are having a discount price. Recently, there are many asian food markets are opened, so you can buy any kinds of asian food and flavors in Ameyoko.

Ameyoko is also now famous for shoes shops. Mita Sneakers is the one of the famous shoe store in Japan. Even like very big shoe maker like Nike has special model for this shop.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

やっと、お目当ての店に到着しました(^0^)/

ameyoko06.jpg

「ギブ・ミー・チョコレート!」(←そのまんまやねっ!・T-T)

でも、あの大変な時代を乗り越え、経済成長を果たせたのも、諸先輩方のお力ですよね。。。あらためて敬服いたします。今のワタシたちが平和に暮らしていけることに、感謝デス m(_ _)m

・・・しかし。。。ホント、人ごみがスゴイっす。。。
鳥にでもなって、上空をツーッと通過していきたいっすね~。。。

・・・え?何の鳥になるんだって?・・・そりゃぁ、場所がら、「コンドル(混んどる)」(笑)


・・・あっ!「汐留イタリア街」のブログ記事のオチと、若干かぶってしまいました~(汗)
あの時は「コムーネ」で使ってしまいましたね(T-T)

こりゃぁワタシのプライドが許せません!(←何のプライドじゃ・笑)
というわけで、「もうひとつのオチ」へ。。。

・・・とにかく、空からの方が楽、ってことで、「スカイラーク(ひばり)」で、どう?(笑)
スポンサーサイト

1週間のご無沙汰でございました m(_ _)m
・・・もしかして歳がばれる?(笑)

そんなわけで、本日からまた復活をば。

やってきたのは「東京駅丸の内側」デス。
久々に来たんですが・・・様子がちょっと違っておりました w(゜0゜)w

new_tokyo01.jpg

再開発って聞いてたんですが???・・・見た目が古くなってますね~。
でももちろん、新品バリバリでございまっす(一_一☆)

・・・あぁ、その先もずっとこんな感じなんですね^^

new_tokyo02.jpg

???でも何かどこかで見たような。。。

new_tokyo03.jpg

あ、思い出しましたっ!
新橋停車場(汐留)の回のブログ写真と似てるんですね!
なるほど、昔の駅舎周りのイメージで。。。

ではこのあたりで、いつものやつを。
本日は「東京駅」でいきましょう!

In 1889, a Tokyo municipal committee drew up plans for an elevated railway line connecting the Tokaido Main Line terminal at Shinbashi to the Nippon Railway (now Tohoku Main Line) terminal at Ueno. The Imperial Diet resolved in 1896 to construct a new station on this line called Central Station (中央停車場), located directly in front of the gardens of the Imperial Palace.

Construction was delayed due to the outbreak of the First Sino-Japanese War and Russo-Japanese War, but finally commenced in 1908. The three-story station building was designed by architect Tatsuno Kingo (who also designed Manseibashi Station and the nearby Bank of Japan building) as a restrained celebration of Japan's costly victory in the Russo-Japanese War. The building is often rumored to be fashioned after Amsterdam's main station, although there is little evidence to support the opinion. Terunobu Fujimori, a scholar of Western architecture, denies the rumor, having studied Tatsuno's styles as well as the building itself.

Tokyo Station opened on December 18, 1914 with four platforms—two serving electric trains (current Yamanote/Keihin-Tohoku Line platforms) and two serving non-electric trains (current Tokaido Line platforms). The Chuo Main Line extension to the station was completed in 1919 and originally stopped at the platform now used by northbound Yamanote/Keihin-Tohoku trains. During this early era, the station only had gates on the Marunouchi side, with the north side serving as an exit and the south side serving as an entrance.

In 1921, Prime Minister Hara Takashi was assassinated at the south gates. The Yaesu side of the station opened in 1929.

Much of the station was destroyed in two B-29 firebombings on May 25 and June 25, 1945. These bombings shattered the impressive glass domes. The station was quickly rebuilt within the year, but simple angular roofs were built in place of the domes, and the restored building was only two stories tall instead of three.

The Yaesu side was also rebuilt following the war, but the rebuilt structure was damaged by fire in 1949, and the Yaesu side was then significantly upgraded with a contemporary exterior and large Daimaru department store. The new Yaesu side facilities opened in 1953, including two new platforms for Tokaido Main Line services (now used by Shinkansen trains). Two more platforms opened in 1964 to accommodate the first Shinkansen services. The Yaesu side was partially rebuilt again in 1991 to accommodate the Shinkansen extension from Ueno.

The station complex is presently being redeveloped. The Marunouchi side will be restored and the surrounding area converted into a broad plaza extending into a walkway toward the Imperial Palace, with space for bus and taxi ranks: this construction is scheduled for completion in 2010. On the Yaesu side, the current multi-story exterior will be replaced by a much lower structure with a large canopy covering outdoor waiting and loading areas, and twin high-rise towers at each end. This project is due for completion in 2013.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

このあたりの景色もまたいいっすね~(^-^)/
イギリスの庭園っぽいっていうか。。。

new_tokyo04.jpg

新しくて古い街に衣替えした「TOKIO」
きっとまた外国からのお客様を魅了することでしょう。。。

・・・そう、インバウンド・ビジネスもまた「復活の時を(TOKIO)」!

今日は久々に、まったりと。。。
というわけで、最近お気に入りの場所でティーブレイクなんぞいたしましょ^^

やってきたのは「汐留シオサイト5区イタリア街」。
え?想像つかないって。。。そうでしょうね、では百聞は一見にしかず、ということで・・・

italian_town01.jpg

こんな景色や・・・

italian_town02.jpg

こんな風景が広がります~(^-^)b
ココはイタリアのエミリア=ロマーニャ州にある「レッジョ・エミリア」をモデルに作られているんですねっ!

日本とは思えない建築物の外観だったりします。。。

italian_town06.jpg

そういえば昔、イタリア旅行したことがあるんですが、街並みは結構似てますよね~^^

italian_town05.jpg

この「レッジョ・エミリア」という街、エミリア=ロマーニャ州に属しております。で、ソコは何が有名かというと・・・「パルメザンチーズ(パルミジャーノ・レッジャーノ)」の名産地でもあるんです。私はチーズが大好物なので、たまりましぇん。。。(笑)

あ、そうそう、いつものやつでしたね~。
本日は、以前のブログ記事「汽笛一声新橋を~♪」の回でやり損ねた「汐留」で、いってみましょう!

Shiodome is an area in Minato, Tokyo, Japan, located adjacent to Shinbashi and Ginza, near Tokyo Bay and the Hamarikyu Gardens. Formerly a railway terminal, Shiodome has been transformed into one of Tokyo's most modern areas. Its thirteen skyscrapers house the headquarters of All Nippon Airways, Dentsu, Fujitsu, Nippon Express, Nippon Television and Softbank, as well as numerous hotels and restaurants. Shiodome Station is a stop on the Yurikamome and Toei Oedo Line; the complex is also within walking distance of Shimbashi Station.

Like its neighbors Ginza and Tsukiji, Shiodome is built on what was originally marshland on the shore of Tokyo Bay. Shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu issued an order in 1603 to fill in the area, and throughout the Edo period Shiodome housed the local residences of various daimyo (feudal lords). The name Shiodome, which literally means "keeping out the tide," probably referred to the shogun's desire to isolate Edo Castle (now the Imperial Palace) from Tokyo Bay.

Following the Meiji Restoration, the new Imperial government expropriated the daimyo-held lands in Shiodome to build Shimbashi Station. This served as the Tokyo terminus of the Toukaidou Main Line, the first railway in Japan, from 1872 until 1914. In 1914, the line was extended to Tokyo Station, the passenger terminal at Shiodome was closed down, and Karasumori Station on the Yamanote Line was renamed Shimbashi Station.

Shiodome remained the primary freight yard for Tokyo through World War II, despite extensive damage from the Great Kanto earthquake which destroyed the original passenger terminal. During the postwar era it became a center for small-package shipping to and from central Tokyo. Shiodome Station was officially closed in 1986 as newer and larger terminals outside the center city had taken its place.

In 1995, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government concluded a plan to redevelop Shiodome as a new urban center. Construction began shortly thereafter and continued through 2006. Under the redevelopment plan, thirteen skyscrapers were built in Shiodome, as well as a number of smaller buildings. The old Shimbashi Station has also been rebuilt as a monument, although it is not operational.

Shiodome is a collection of 11 tiny town districts or cooperative zones (街区), but generally there are three main areas. One area is the Shiodome SIO-SITE, a collection of skyscrapers containing mostly businesses, hotels, and restaurants. It is just east of Shimbashi Station, and can be reached by strolling along the elevated walkway from the Yurikamome Shimbashi Station. A second main area, and a cooperative zone on its own is the Western district (西街区), located west of the JR tracks and populated by European-style buildings. Finally, there is the southern extension, east of the JR tracks from Hamamatsucho 1-chome. This area is for residential use, and there are three tall apartment buildings located there, along with a small park.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

んんんっ。。。お茶したいんですが、ことごとくカフェが満席ですね(T-T)

で、話が戻って・・・そのモデルの町「レッジョ・エミリア」は街の特性として「統一された外観」があげられます。建物はすべて厳しい行政の規制に基づき建てられており、カフェは全て街の角地に建てられているなど、建築基準の厳しい「コムーネ(イタリア語で自治体の意味デス^^)」なんです~。。。

・・・なるほど、だから、カフェも「混むーね」(笑)


またまたで申し訳ございませんが、ガイド研修で旅に出ますので、
次回の更新予定は2月24日(水)になります m(_ _)m

かっぱ橋で道具を買い込んだところで、何気に目に留まった光景。。。

higashi_honganji01.jpg

何じゃこりゃ?お寺のような・・・
ちょっと前に回りこんでみましょうか^^

・・・え?

higashi_honganji02.jpg

「本山 東本願寺」とありますが???。。。本願寺って、京都じゃなかったんでしたっけ w(゜-゜)w
もう少し先へとすすんでみましょうかね~。

higashi_honganji03.jpg

「親鸞聖人」ってことは、浄土真宗なんですねっ!

higashi_honganji04.jpg

七百五十回御遠忌。。。亡くなってから750年ってわけですね~。
なるほど、もうそんなになりますか~(←知り合いかっ!・笑)

そもそも東本願寺も西本願寺も元々は一つの「本願寺」で、浄土真宗の総本山だったのですが、1592年、本願寺十一世法主・本願寺顕如(けんにょ)さんは、死ぬ前にすでに長男の教如(きょうにょ)さんが十二世法主になっているのにもかかわらず、豊臣秀吉さんの支持を受けた三男の准如(じゅんにょ)さんを跡継ぎにしてしまいました。

遺言に従って教如さんは隠居しましたが、1602年、教如は徳川家康さんから京都に寺地をもらいます。これが東本願寺となりました。この東本願寺は、浄土真宗大谷派とも言われます。
これに対して准如さんが継いだほうは西本願寺で、浄土真宗本願寺派とも言われます。

で、ココ「浄土真宗東本願寺派本山東本願寺」。。。元は「東京本願寺」と称する真宗大谷派の別院だったのですが、「お東騒動」(←このお話はぜひご自分で調べてみてください m(_ _)m )の影響で、大谷光紹さんにより真宗大谷派から離脱・独立し、2001年(平成13年)に、名称変更が認証されたそうなんです。

つまりこの「東本願寺」は京都にある本来の「浄土真宗大谷派」ではなく「浄土真宗東本願寺派本山」なんですね。
宗教にも派閥なるものが存在するんですね~(驚)

ちなみにあの巨大な100m大仏、「牛久大仏」さんもココと同じ系列だそうです。

ではこのあたりを、英語でもやってみましょう!
まずは「本願寺」が東西に分かれたくだりから^^

Hongan-ji, also archaically romanized as Hongwanji, is the collective name of the largest school of Joudo Shinshuu Buddhism (which further sub-divides into the Nishi and Higashi branches). 'Hongan-ji' may also refer to any one of several actual temple buildings associated with the sect.

The Hongan-ji was established as a temple in 1321, on the site of the Otani Mausoleum, where Shinran, the founder of the Joudo Shinshuu (True Pure Land) sect was buried. The mausoleum was attended by Shinran's grandson (through daughter Kakushinni), Kakue. Kakue's own son, Kakunyo, became the first chief priest of the Hongan-ji and 3rd Monshu, and dedicated it to the worship of Amida Buddha. The Hongan-ji first gained power and importance in the 15th century, when Rennyo became its eighth chief priest, or Monshu. However, the Tendai sect, based on Mount Hiei, saw this expansion as a threat and attacked the Hongan-ji three times with their army of warrior monks. Rennyo fled to Yoshizaki, where he established a new temple compound.

During the Sengoku period, fearing the power of the monks of the Hongan-ji, Oda Nobunaga tried to destroy it. For ten years, he laid siege to the Ishiyama Hongan-ji in Osaka, one of the two primary temple fortresses of the sect.

In 1602, just after Tokugawa Ieyasu became Shogun, he declared that the Hongan-ji be split in two. Kyonyo, the 12th chief priest, or monshu, of Hongan-ji became the first of the new Higashi Honganji, or Eastern Temple of the Primal Vow, while his younger brother Junnyo became the 12th chief priest of the original Hompa-Honganji, or Western Temple of the Primal Vow, often called Nishi-Honganji.

で、続きまして、この「東本願寺」についても。

Higashi Hongan-ji is one of two dominant sub-sects of Shin Buddhism in Japan and abroad, the other being Nishi Honganji.

During the Meiji Restoration in the 1860s, the government set down new guidelines for the management of religious organizations. An organization called Shinshuu Otani was put in control of the Higashi Hongan-ji. In 1987, this temple was renamed "Shinshuu Honbyou", or Shinshuu Mausoleum. While the temple is therefore, officially, no longer "Higashi Hongan-ji," most still regard it as such. The buildings have not been changed or moved, and of course the historical cultural and religious significance of the place cannot be changed.

Due to opposition to the creation of the Shinshuu Otani, and a number of other controversies and disputes, several new Higashi Hongan-ji branches came into existence such as the Higashiyama Honganji founded in Kyoto in 1996 by Otani Korin, and the Tokyo Higashi Honganji whose current leader is Otani Koken. Despite or perhaps even because of this climate of instability the Higashi Hongan-ji movement has also produced a significant number of controversial but influential thinkers, such as Soga Ryojin, Kiyozawa Manshi, Kaneko Daiei and Haya Akegarasu, amongst others.

The largest Higashi Hongan-ji grouping, the Shinshu Otaniha has approximately 5.5 million members, according to statistics.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

では折角なので、中へお邪魔しましょうね(←いいのかっ!?)

higashi_honganji05.jpg

で、親鸞さんに、お参りを。
「宝くじで大金が当たって、楽な暮らしができますよーにっと」

・・・ええ、こんなワタシは、「他力本願児」(笑)

このところめちゃめちゃ寒いっすね(T-T)
こんな時は鍋物なんぞが欲しくなります~。

そんなわけで、やってきたのは「かっぱ橋」(←鍋物じゃなくて「鍋」が欲しいんかいっ!・笑)
交差点からオブジェが w(゜0゜)w

kappabashi01.jpg

で・・・でかいシェフ(笑)

では行きつけの店へと向かいましょう!

kappabashi02.jpg

ココは、いろんな種類の鍋とか、ラーメンの「寸胴」も売ってるんです^^

他にも楽しいお店がいっぱいで。。。

kappabashi03.jpg

器のお店だったり。。。

kappabashi05.jpg

提灯や看板のお店なんかもあります。で・・・

kappabashi04.jpg

・・・出ました~!大人気の「食品サンプル」!

この「かっぱ橋道具街」ですが、その名前の由来は「合羽」という説と、もちろん「河童」と2つありまして・・・

あ、そうだ!これを本日は英語で少々!

Kappabashi-dori, also known just as Kappabashi or Kitchen Town, is a street in Tokyo between Ueno and Asakusa which is almost entirely populated with shops supplying the restaurant trade. These shops sell everything from mass-produced crockery, restaurant furniture, ovens and decorations, through to esoteric items such as the plastic display food (sampuru) found outside Japanese restaurants.

The street is also an off-beat tourist destination.

The street's name is believed to come from either the kappa (raincoats) of nearby residents which were hang out to dry on the bridge, or from a merchant named Kihachi Kappaya who funded the project to build Shinhorikawa River for water management. However, due to the homophone with the popular mythical creature, Kappa, the group of shops along the street officially adopted kappa as its mascot.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

まあ、「レインコート」の解説は必要ないですが、問題は「カッパ」の方ですよね。。。
では続きまして、少し長くなりますが「河童」もいきますっ!

Most depictions show kappa as child-sized humanoids, though their bodies are often more like those of monkeys or frogs than human beings. Some descriptions say their faces are apelike, while others show them with beaked visages more like those of tortoises or with duck beaks. Pictures usually show kappa with thick shells and scaly skin that ranges in color from green to yellow or blue.

Kappa supposedly inhabit the ponds and rivers of Japan and have various features to aid them in this environment, such as webbed hands and feet. They are sometimes even said to smell like fish, and they can certainly swim like them. The expression kappa-no-kawa-nagare ("a kappa drowning in a river") conveys the idea that even experts make mistakes.

Kappa are usually seen as mischievous troublemakers. Their pranks range from the relatively innocent, such as loudly passing gas or looking up women's kimonos, to the more troublesome, such as stealing crops or kidnapping children. In fact, small children are one of the gluttonous kappa's favorite meals, though they will eat adults as well. They feed on these victims by sucking out their shirikodama (尻子玉), a mythical ball inside the anus. Even today, signs warning about kappa appear by bodies of water in some Japanese towns and villages. Kappa are also said to be afraid of fire, and some villages hold fireworks festivals each year to scare the spirits away.

It was believed that if confronted with a kappa there was but one mean of escape: kappas, for one reason or another, obsess over being polite, so if you were to gesture a deep bow to a kappa it would more than likely return the bow spilling the water in its lilypad-like bowl on its head. If you could trick the kappa into bowing, the water kept in the lilypad-like bowl on their head would spill out and the kappa would be rendered unable to leave the bowed position until the lilypad like bowl was refilled with water from the river it lived in. If a human were to refill it, it was believed the kappa would serve them for all eternity.

Kappa are not entirely antagonistic to mankind, however. They are curious of human civilization, and they can understand and speak Japanese. They thus sometimes challenge those they encounter to various tests of skill, such as shogi or sumo wrestling. They may even befriend human beings in exchange for gifts and offerings, especially cucumbers, the only food kappa are known to enjoy more than human children. Japanese parents sometimes write the names of their children (or themselves) on cucumbers and toss them into kappa-infested waters in order to mollify the creatures and allow the family to bathe. There is even a kind of cucumber-filled sushi roll named for the kappa, the kappamaki.

Once befriended, kappa have been known to perform any number of tasks for human beings, such as helping farmers irrigate their land. They are also highly knowledgeable of medicine, and legend states that they taught the art of bone setting to mankind. Due to these benevolent aspects, some shrines are dedicated to the worship of particularly helpful kappa. Kappa may also be tricked into helping people. Their deep sense of decorum will not allow them to break an oath, for example; so if a human being can dupe a kappa into promising to help him, the kappa has no choice but to follow through.

・・・てなもんで(笑)

しかしまぁ。。。これだけお店が並んでいると、商品のチェックも厳しくなりますよね~。
料理人らしき方たちの、道具に対する使い心地チェックもスゴイものがあります。。。そりゃぁ、高い道具で失敗したくないですもんねっ。。。

プロの料理人が、ココまで来て料理用具選びで失敗する・・・これを「かっぱ橋の川流れ」とでも言いましょうか(笑)

・・・2回連続で歌詞タイトルっすね~ m(_ _)m
というわけで、実はまだ「竹芝桟橋」デス。

帰りかけた時に見つけたのが。。。

takeshiba02.jpg

ん・・・んんっ?「島嶼(とうしょ)」?
ちょっと近づいてみましょうかね^^

takeshiba06.jpg

前は乗船チケット売り場にちょっと売店だけだったんですが、随分キレイになりましたね~(^-^)b
休憩場所もなんとなく「海」のイメージで、オシャレです(嬉)

takeshiba07.jpg

・・・おや?奥にあるのは。。。

takeshiba08.jpg

「東京愛らんどSHOP&CAFE」っすねっ!
なるほど、今更ながら知りましたが、「島嶼」って、いわゆる「諸島」のコトなんですね~(←この解釈も微妙にややこしいねっ!・笑)
で、この中では伊豆諸島の名産品が買えて、あとカフェでくつろぐこともできるんです。

え?ワタシの目的?・・・そりゃぁ「明日葉そば」を食べて、伊豆大島産「生の椿油」を、お肌と髪の毛のお手入れ目的で購入!(笑)

この「生の椿油」・・・そもそも販売されているほとんどの「椿油」は、熱(というか圧力)を加えて絞っているんですが、コレだけはやさしく、やさしく、ゆっくりと、熱で変質しないように、時間をかけて精製されます。このため、通常の商品より一層、保湿力が高く、使い心地がしっとりして、またこれ1本で、皮膚にも髪の毛にも使えるんです。

あ・・・ワタシの素顔を知っているアナタ、何気にワタシの頭部を想像しましたね~(T-T)
しょうがないじゃないかっ!だって「髪は長いトモダチ」だもんっ。。。

さて、このあたりで、いつものやつを。
本日はその「椿油」で、いってみましょう!

Tea seed oil, also known as camellia oil, is an edible, pale amber-green fixed oil with a sweet, herbal aroma. It is cold-pressed mainly from the seeds of Camellia oleifera but also from Camellia sinensis or Camellia japonica.

With its high smoke point , tea seed oil is the main cooking oil in some of the southern provinces of China, such as Hunan—roughly one-seventh of the country's population. In Japan tea seed oil is derived from Camellia japonica, mainly from Izu Islands of Tokyo Prefecture and Goto Islands of Nagasaki Prefecture.

Tea seed oil resembles olive oil and grape seed oil in its excellent storage qualities and low content of saturated fat. Monounsaturated oleic acid may comprise up to 88 percent of the fatty acids. It is high in vitamin E and other antioxidants and contains no natural trans fats.

Tea seed oil is used in salad dressings, dips, marinades and sauces, for sauteing, stir frying and frying and in margarine production.

Tea seed oil is used to manufacture soap, hair oil, lubricants, paint and a rustproofing oil as well as in synthesis of other high molecular weight compounds. Soapmaking tables list it as one of the comparatively few oils that produce high-lather soap. Japanese tea seed oil is used for setting the hair of Sumo wrestlers and for tempura. Camellia oil is also used as rust protection for a variety of woodworking hand tools such as chisels and planes.

Research by the Institute of Preventative Medicine of Sun Yat-Sen University have found Camellia extract to be used in washing and laundry powders.

・・・と、こんな感じですね^^

「島嶼(とうしょ)」の名産品、椿油で、
ピチピチのお肌とツヤツヤの髪を保って・・・って。。。

・・・いえいえ、当初(島嶼)からそこまでは、求めてませんので(笑)

♪This is the song for Izu Ooshima....
って、あれ?ちょっと歌詞が。。。

さていきなりですが、ココで問題!
ワタシはいま、どこにいるんでしょうーかっ!?

takeshiba01.jpg

一瞬、船の甲板かと思いました?
正解は、「竹芝桟橋」。

浦安マリーナの回のブログ記事でも書いた通り、実はワタシ、船の免許を持っておりますので。。。
こういう景色が実に落ち着くんですね~^^

takeshiba03.jpg

・・・建物の細かい装飾まで、いい仕事してますね~(←鑑定団かっ!・笑)
そうそう、この先がフェリー乗り場なんですよねっ(嬉)

takeshiba04.jpg

なんか旅に出たくなりました。。。
ココは「島嶼」、つまり伊豆諸島行きのフェリーが発着してるんですよ~♪

そういえば伊豆大島はそろそろ、椿まつりの時期でしたね^^
昔はこの季節になると、一足早い春を感じに、フェリーに乗って大島を目指したもんです。
・・・今はそんな「優雅な休み」がなかなか取れなくなりました(T-T)

ではこのあたりで、いつものやつでも、やっときましょうかねっ!
本日はその「伊豆大島」について。

Izu Ooshima is a volcanic island in the Izu Islands and administered by the Tokyo Metropolitan government, Japan, lies about 100 km south of Tokyo, 22 km east of the Izu Peninsula and 36 km southwest of Bousou Peninsula. Ooshima Town serves as the local government of the island. The town was formed in 1955 by the amalgamation of six separate villages, which were:

Okada (岡田村) (north)
Moto (元村) (west)
Senzu (泉津村) (northeast)
Nomashi (野増村) (west, south of Moto)
Sashiki (差木地村) (south, with Mabushi)
Habuminato (波浮港村) (southeast)
Moto, which had been called Motomura (village) until then, became seat of the local government for the whole island as Motomachi (town).

Izu Ooshima, at 91.06 square kilometers is the largest and closest of Tokyo's outlying islands, which also include the Ogasawara Islands. Izu Ooshima forms part of the Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park. Izu Ooshima is a stratovolcano.

Izu Ooshima is most famous for Mt. Mihara (764 meters), which last erupted in 1986. The volcano featured prominently in The Return of Godzilla, as the location in which the Japanese government entombed Godzilla. Mt. Mihara appeared again in the direct sequel, Godzilla vs. Biollante, in which Godzilla was released when the volcano erupted. Mt. Mihara and Izu Ooshima were also featured in the book Ring and the movie Ringu as pivotal locations for the story. Outside of fictional realms, the island is known for its Camellia Festival, Hanabi Festival, five black sand beaches, and numerous onsen.

Izu Ooshima is a popular site for tourists from both Tokyo and Shizuoka due to its close proximity to the mainland.

There are a number of ferries which leave from Takeshiba Sanbashi Pier, near Hamamatsucho, Tokyo. Ferries also leave from Atami in Shizuoka.

There are several flights per day from Ooshima Airport to Tokyo International Airport (Haneda) in Oota, Hachijojima Airport in Hachijojima and Choufu Airport in Choufu.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

ああぁ・・・先に見えるレインボー・ブリッジが、旅路への思いをより掻き立てますよね~(^0^)/

takeshiba05.jpg

都会の喧騒を離れ、大好きな人と楽園「ユートピア」を目指したいもんです。。。

・・・そう、YouとPierから(笑)

官報によりますと、本日「通訳案内士国家試験」の合格者が発表され・・・
って、何だか懐かしの「ウイークエンダー」風に始まりました本日のブログ。。。

皆さん、結果はいかがでしたでしょうか?
まあ、結果がどうこうよりも、皆さんがそのためになされた努力は、いつかきっと皆さんの「笑顔」の糧として還ってくると、ワタシは信じます!

さて、本日は「共同通信社」。
え?いつもながら選択が変わってるって(笑)

いいんです。それがワタシですから・・・
では中へと^^

kyodo_tsushin01.jpg

それにしても、結構新しい建物で。。。え?ほとんど新築?(驚)

kyodo_tsushin02.jpg

入口の屋根がまた、クールでステキや~ね(←お、いきなりですかい?)
入るとすぐに、エスカレーターがありますね~。。。では上へ(^0^)/

ほほぉ~っ、さすが、「新聞社」。

kyodo_tsushin03.jpg

はじめはこんな感じでニュースが配信されていったんですねっ!

kyodo_tsushin04.jpg

その後、機械もどんどんコンパクトになり、みんながひみつのアッコちゃんに・・・って、
コンパクトの意味が違うでしょ!(笑)

で、新聞といえば、取材に付き物の「カメラ」なんですが・・・

kyodo_tsushin05.jpg

・・・多すぎ(T-T)

kyodo_tsushin06.jpg

まあでも実はココ、何気にワタシのお勉強スペースなんです。。。
こんな感じで、戦後から現代までの歴史を、かつて新聞の一面を飾った写真と共に辿ることができるんですよ~^^

kyodo_tsushin07.jpg

ほほぉ~っのほぉ~。。。

kyodo_tsushin08.jpg

ではこのあたりで、いつものやつを。
本日は「日本の新聞の歴史」について、いってみましょう!

Japanese newspapers began in the 17th century as yomiuri (読売) or kawaraban (瓦版), which were printed handbills sold in major cities to commemorate major social gatherings or events.

The first modern newspaper was the Nagasaki Shipping List and Advertiser, which was published bi-weekly by the Englishman A. W. Hansard. In November of the same year, Hansard moved the paper to Yokohama and renamed it as the Japan Herald. In 1862, the Tokugawa shogunate began publishing the Kampan batabiya shimbun, a translated edition of a widely-distributed Dutch government newspaper. These two papers were published for foreigners, and contained only foreign news. The first Japanese daily newspaper that covered foreign and domestic news was the Yokohama mainichi shimbun, first published in 1871.

Newspapers at this time can be divided into two types, Ooshimbun (大新聞, "large newspapers") and koshimbun (小新聞, "small newspapers"). People commonly referred to Ooshimbun as "political forums" because these papers were inextricably tied to the Popular Rights Movement (自由民権運動, "Jiyuu minken undou") and its demands for establishing a Diet. After the government's official announcement of the formation of the Diet, these newspapers, such as the Yokohama mainichi shimbun and the Chuugai shimbun, became organs of the political parties. The early readers of these newspapers mostly came from the ranks of the former samurai class.

Koshimbun, on the other hand, were more plebeian, popular newspapers that contained local news, human interest stories, and light fiction. Examples of koshimbun were the Tokyo nichinichi shimbun, the predecessor of the present day Mainichi shimbun, which began in 1872; the Yomiuri shimbun, which began in 1874; and the Asahi shimbun, which began in 1879. In the 1880s, government pressure led to a gradual weeding out of Ooshimbun, and the koshimbun started becoming more similar to the modern, "impartial" newspapers.

Throughout their history, Japanese newspapers have had a central role in issues of free speech and freedom of the press. In the period of "Taishou Democracy" in the 1910s to the 1920s, the government worked to suppress newspapers such as the Asahi shimbun for their critical stance against government bureaucracy that favored protecting citizens' rights and constitutional democracy. In the period of growing militarism to the outbreak of total war in the 1930s to the 1940s, newspapers faced intense government censorship and control. After Japan's defeat, strict censorship of the press continued as the American occupiers used government control in order to inculcate democratic and anti-communist values. In 1951, the American occupiers finally returned freedom of the press to Japan, which is the situation today.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

ちなみに、現在の世界中のニュースなんてのも、ココで検索して見ることができます。

kyodo_tsushin09.jpg

やっぱり、さすがっ!共同通信社・・・

・・・「今日、どう?」って、すぐ調べられます(笑)

・・・というわけで、まだ「皇居」。
最近は「次回に続く」と言わずに続けるパターンが多いですね~(←単にネタの引き伸ばしという噂もあるがっ!・笑)

そういえば、もうすぐ出口(というか本来は入口)ですよね^^
何があるんでしょうか。。。と、

koukyo05.jpg

コレは確か「大番所」でしたっけ?
なんか「番所」がいっぱいあるんで、混乱しますよね(T-T)
とりわけこの「大番所」は、位の高い「与力」さんや「同心」さんが詰めていらっしゃったそうで。。。

koukyo06.jpg

あ、この「同心番所」は江戸城内最初のチェックポイントですから・・・いよいよ出口っすね(^0^)/
やっぱり「大手門」に辿り着きました~。。。

koukyo07.jpg

何か自分が忍者になって、お城に忍び込む絵を想像してしまいましたぁY(^-^)Y

koukyo09.jpg

で、突然ですが、ここでクイズっ!
日本で最初に忍者を使ったのは、誰でしょう?

答えは、意外にも「聖徳太子」さん。
言い伝えによれば太子さんは、10人がいっせいに話した内容をすべて聞き取れたとされていますが、実は「志能便(しのび)」と呼ばれる部下を用いて、諜報活動を行なっていたそうです(一_一☆)

ちなみに、この日本初の忍者は「大伴細人(おおともの ほそひと)」さんだと言われているそうです^^

ではこのあたりで、いつものやつを。
本日は、その「忍者」でいきましょう!

The origin of the ninja is based on the spies and assassins that have existed throughout Japanese history. The title ninja has sometimes been attributed to the semi-legendary 4th century prince Yamato Takeru. In the Kojiki, the young Yamato Takeru disguised himself as a charming maiden, and assassinated two chiefs of the Kumaso people. However, these records take place at a very early stage of Japanese history, and is unlikely to be connected to the shinobi of later accounts.

The first recorded use of espionage was under the employment of Prince Shoutoku in the 6th century. Such tactics were considered unsavory even in early times, when, according to the 10th century Shoumonki, the boy spy Koharumaru was killed for spying against the insurgent Taira no Masakado. Later, the 14th century war chronicle Taiheiki contained many references to shinobi, and credited the destruction of a castle by fire to an unnamed but "highly skilled shinobi".

However, it was not until the 15th century that spies were specially trained for their purpose. It was around this time that the word shinobi appeared to define and clearly identify ninjas as a secretive group of agents. Evidence for this can be seen in historical documents, which began to refer to stealthy soldiers as shinobi during the Sengoku period. Later manuals regarding espionage are often grounded in Chinese military strategy, quoting works such as The Art of War (Sunzi Bingfa), by Sun Tzu.

The ninja emerged as mercenaries in the 15th century, where they were recruited as spies, raiders, arsonists and even terrorists. Amongst the samurai, a sense of ritual and decorum was observed, where one was expected to fight or duel openly. Combined with the unrest of the Sengoku era, these factors created a demand for men willing to commit deeds considered not respectable for conventional warriors. By the Sengoku period, the shinobi had several roles, including spy (kanchou), scout (teisatsu), surprise attacker (kisho), and agitator (koran). The ninja families were organized into larger guilds, each with their own territories. A system of rank existed. A jounin ("upper man") was the highest rank, representing the group and hiring out mercenaries. This is followed by the chuunin ("middle man"), assistants to the jounin. At the bottom was the genin ("lower man"), field agents drawn from the lower class and assigned to carry out actual missions.

In the early 18th century, shogun Tokugawa Yoshimune founded the oniwaban, an intelligence agency and secret service. Members of this office, the oniwabanshuu ("garden keeper"), were agents involved in collecting information on daimyos and government officials. The secretive nature of the oniwaban — along with the earlier tradition of using Iga and Kōga clan members as palace guards — have lead some sources to define the oniwabanshuu as "ninjas". This portrayal is also common in later novels and jidaigeki. However, there is no written link between the earlier shinobi and the later oniwabanshuu.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

おや?こんなところにこんなものが???

koukyo08.jpg

「しゃちほこ」ですねっ!

この「しゃちほこ」、渡り櫓の屋根についていたものなんですが、建物自体は1945年の空襲で焼失してしまい、コレだけが残っています。そもそもその役割は、大棟の両端に取り付け、鬼瓦同様、守り神とされ、建物が火事の際には水を噴き出して火を消すというものだったそうです。。。(←建物本体が焼けてしまった為、給水装置が働かなかったのかな~^^)

で、そのしゃちほこをお城の装飾に初めて取り入れたのは「織田信長」さん。なんとあの「安土城」のしゃちほこが最初なんだそうです!

いや~、やっぱり皇居って、スゴイですねぇ。。。
外国からのお客様が、日本の歴史や文化を目の当たりにできるって、すごく幸せなことですよね。。。

・・・そう、ここに「しゃち(幸)」あり(笑)

いよいよ今週末が、通訳案内士試験の合格発表ですね~。
今年受験された方の、1人でも多くの合格を、心よりお祈り申し上げております m(_ _)m

そんなわけで本日は、通訳ガイドの始発点(←勝手に決めてるっ!・笑)「皇居」でございます。

・・・え?まだやってなかったのって。。。実はそうなんです(T-T)
あまりにも当たり前すぎて、ってコト、よくあるじゃないですか~^^

で、まあ普通にやっても面白くないので、普段はなかなか入れない「皇居内」へ行きますっ!

koukyo01.jpg

入口で頑張っていらっしゃるおまわりさんにご挨拶、でもって。。。

koukyo02.jpg

ほほぉ~っ、実は初めて来たのですが・・・なるほど、全体はこうなってるんですね(一_一☆)
では、先へ進みましょ(^0^)/

おおぉぉぉーっ!
コレを間近で見たかったんですぅ!

koukyo03.jpg

そう、「富士見櫓」。
やっぱりカッコイイっすよねっ(嬉)

この「富士見櫓」は、明暦の大火で焼けてしまった天守閣の代用として、歴代の徳川将軍たちがココから両国の花火を楽しんだそうデス。。。てことは「花火見櫓」?(笑)

ノッてきました、どんどん先へ行きましょう!
で、見つけたのは。。。

・・・長屋かよっ!

koukyo04.jpg

失礼しました m(_ _)m・・・知ってます。「百人番所」ですよねっ(笑)

この「百人番所」は、江戸城の正門だった大手門から,本丸に入るときの最大の検問所であり、甲賀組、根来(ねごろ)組、伊賀組、二十五騎組の4組(鉄砲百人組と呼ばれていました)が護りを固めていたそうです。各組には、同心100人ずつが配属されていたところから、「百人番所」と呼ばれたとのことです。

ではこのあたりで、いつものやつを。
本日は「皇居の歴史」を、その呼び方の変遷も踏まえながら、いってみましょう!

After the capitulation of the Shogunate and the Meiji Restoration, the inhabitants including the Shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu had to vacate the premises of Edo Castle. In the second year of Meiji, on the 23rd day of the 10th month (1868), the emperor left Kyoto Imperial Palace for Tokyo. The Edo castle compound became the new imperial residence and was renamed Tokyo Castle (東京城 Tokyo-jou) in October, 1868, and then renamed Imperial Castle (皇城 Koujou) in 1869. Previous fires had already destroyed the Honmaru area containing the old donjon (which itself had burned in the 1657 Meireki fire). On the night of 5 May 1873 a fire consumed the Nishinomaru Palace (which had been the shogun's residential palace), and this area became the site of the new imperial Palace Castle (宮城, Kyuujou), built in 1888.

In the Meiji era, most of the structures from Edo Castle disappeared, either to make way for other buildings or due to earthquakes and fire. For example, the wooden double bridges (二重橋) over the moat were replaced with stone and iron bridges. The architecture of the imperial palace and buildings constructed in the Meiji era was from the outside pure traditional Japanese architecture, while the interiors were an eclectic mixture of Japanese and European elements fashionable in the 19th century. Most of the buildings were constructed from wood. The ceilings of the grand chambers were coffered with Japanese elements; however, Western furniture such as chairs and tables, together with heavy curtains, were used. For the floors, the public rooms had parquet or carpet but the residential spaces used the traditional tatami mats.

The main audience hall was the central part of the palace. It was the largest building, in which guests were received for public events. The floor space was more than 223 tsubo (1 tsubo is 3.306 square meters). In the interior, the coffered ceiling was traditional Japanese-style, while the floor was parquetry. The roof was styled as in the Kyoto Imperial Palace, but was covered with copper plates (in order to make it fireproof) rather than Japanese cypress shingles.

In the late Taisho and early Showa eras, more buildings were added that were constructed with concrete, such as the headquarters of the Imperial Household Ministry and the Privy Council. These structures were more modern in appearance with only some token Japanese elements.

From 1888 to 1948, it was called Palace Castle (宮城 Kyuujou). On the night of 25 May 1945 most of the structures of the Imperial Palace were destroyed in the Allied fire-bombing raid. It was from the basement of the concrete library that Emperor Showa declared the capitulation of Japan in August 1945. Due to the large-scale destruction of the Meiji-era palace, the new main palace hall (Kyuuden 宮殿) and residences were constructed on the western part of the site in the 1960s. The whole area was renamed literally Imperial Residence (皇居) in 1948. The east part was renamed East Garden (東御苑) and has been a public park since 1968.

The present imperial palace encompasses the retrenchments of the former Edo Castle where the Honmaru (inner citadel), Ninomaru (second citadel), Nishinomaru (west citadel), Sannomaru (third citadel), and Fukiage Gardens existed. A palace for various imperial court functions is located in the Nishinomaru and the residence of the emperor and empress is located in the Fukiage Gardens.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

これだけ大きな敷地ですから、それこそ「番所」の警備も大変だったでしょうね~。

・・・そうそう、「このような人相の者は入れないように」なんて「板書(ばんしょ)」したりして(笑)

Copyright ©Yokoso! Japan - 通訳ガイド的日本再発見. Powered by FC2 Blog. Template by eriraha.

FC2Ad

上記広告は1ヶ月以上更新のないブログに表示されています。新しい記事を書くことで広告を消せます。