Yokoso! Japan - 通訳ガイド的日本再発見

海外から日本に来る外国人観光客の方々に、通訳ガイドの視点から、日本の良さを伝えたい…日頃見慣れた風景もあらためて見れば新鮮に映る、そんな視点で日本を再発見し、通訳ガイドの方もすぐ活用できるように、英語で紹介します。

プロフィール

ホイサムジャイ

Author:ホイサムジャイ
放浪癖あり(笑)。好きなTV番組は「モヤモヤさまぁ~ず」「ちい散歩」「タモリ倶楽部」「ぶらり途中下車の旅」などなど。。。良く言えば「自由人」、悪く言えば「鉄砲玉」(←出たら戻って来んのかい!)

最新記事

最新コメント

最新トラックバック

月別アーカイブ

カテゴリ

天気予報


-天気予報コム- -FC2-

Admin

上記の広告は1ヶ月以上更新のないブログに表示されています。
新しい記事を書く事で広告が消せます。

皆様にご愛顧いただいて、はや1年。
本日がその締めくくりの回になりました m(_ _)m

さて、どこにお邪魔しましょーかね~。。。

・・・というわけで、やってきたのは「浅草」。
ココは通訳ガイドさんにとって、はずせない場所ですもんね^^

画として王道ですが。。。

asakusa001.jpg

んんんっ?今まで気づかなかったのですが、よく見ると(◎_◎)

asakusa002.jpg

・・・「松下電器」さん?
ちなみに創業者の方は、ガイド試験の問題にも登場しましたっけ(^-^)/

というわけで、のっけからまいりましょう!
まずは「雷門」。

Kaminarimon gate, built by military commander Taira no Kinmasa in 942, was erected in the present location during the Kamakura period (1192-1333). At that time, statues of Fujin (wind god) and Raijin (thunder god) came to rest at either side of the gate.

People initially offered prayers to these two statues for the protection of the temple against natural disasters including typhoons, floods and fire. Over time, they became the subject of prayers for the benefit of the people, such as for a bountiful harvest and for peace in the world.

The gate was burned down in a massive fire in December 1865. After a period of 95 years, it was finally reconstructed by Konosuke Matsushita, founder of Matsushita Electric, the electronics company known for its Panasonic brand. The bold, dignified gate is known around Japan not only as a symbol of Senso-ji but of the whole of Asakusa.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

で、いつも「いじって」いるので、仲見世はスルー(笑)

asakusa003.jpg

あ、やっぱり「五重塔」は美しいっスね~。。。
ではその先の「二天門」を目指しましょう!

そもそも「二天」って何かというと、「増長天」さんと「持国天」さんのコトなんですね~(一_一☆)

ともにインドの神様なんですが、「増長天」さんは、宇宙全世界の中心にそびえ立つという須弥山(しゅみせん)の南面中腹に住んでいるそうで、一般に甲胄の上に天衣をまとい忿怒(ふんぬ)の武将形で、鉾または剣を持つ赤身の武神なんだそうです。

いっぽう「持国天」さんは、増長天さんと同じ須弥山の東面中腹に住んでいます。一般には甲胄を着けた忿怒の武将形に表され、右手に宝珠、左手に剣を持つ青身の武神なんだそうです。。。なるほど、「赤」と「青」なんですねっ!

ではこのあたりで、第2弾をば。
「二天門」デス。

Nitenmon Gate was originally erected in 1618 as the gate of Tosho-gu Shrine, once located inside the Senso-ji complex. Known also as Yadaijinmon Gate, it was dedicated to Japan's ancient Shinto gods. Tosho-gu Shrine was destroyed by fire in 1642, and this gate, along with the stone bridge located in front of Yogodo, were the only structures to survive.

Around the latter half of 19th century, the Meiji government had a policy of separating Shintoism and Buddhism. The statues of Zochoten and Jikokuten, previously owned by Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu Shrine (a famous Shinto shrine of the Kamakura area) were moved to the Buddhist Senso-ji. The gate was re-named “Nitenmon Gate” in line with Buddhist terminology. Unfortunately the original statues were decimated during World War II. The two statues now guarding the gate came from Genyuin Hall (the gravesite of Tokugwa Ietsuna, the fourth Edo shogun) of Kanei-ji, the family temple of the Tokugawas at Ueno Park, Tokyo.

The gate has also been named an Important Cultural Property by the national government. The plaque on the gate that reads “Nitenmon” was created by Sanetomi Sanjo, a 19th century aristocrat and politician.

・・・てなもんで(笑)

では、ご対面。。。

asakusa004.jpg

・・・いませんがな!(T-T)
トイレ休憩か。。。はたまた「ホッピーストリート」でクダ巻いてるのか(笑)

まあ、でも何か「自由」でいいですね~。こんな妄想してると、他人とは思えなくて。
では、ワタシも、ちょいと一杯ひっかけて帰りますかね~。。。

・・・そう、行動パターンが、似てんもん(二天門)(笑)



1年間のご愛読、誠にありがとうございました。
これをもちまして、まずはひと区切りとさせて頂きます。。。


・・・え?まさか、終わるわけないじゃないですか~(笑)まだまだ、ダジャレ連発しまっせ!
スポンサーサイト

このブログを始めて、間もなく1年になろうとしています。。。
早いものですね~^^

目下の懸案事項は・・・かぶらない「オチ」をいつまで作り続けられそうか、というヤツで(笑)

で、本日やってきたのは。。。

odaiba003.jpg

そう、「お台場」。

前回のブログ記事では、葛西臨海公園から船に乗って、上陸するまでをいたしましたねっ!(^-^)/
もっとも「王道」であるレインボーブリッジには触れずじまいだったんですが。

おや?

odaiba004.jpg

屋形船も走ってますね~^^

ではこのあたりで、いつものやつを。本日は「屋形船」・・・っていかないんです(←ひねくれモノっ!・笑)
今日は女性と待ち合わせをしてまして。。。

あ、いました。

odaiba001.jpg

・・・うすうす気づいてました?(笑)

この「自由の女神」さんが、ワタシは大好きでして m(_ _)m
実は本家本元さんにも直にお目にかかったことがあるんです。

そういえば手元の本?に何か書いてありますね~

odaiba002.jpg

あ、では本日はその辺も含めて、「自由の女神」でいってみましょう!

The Statue of Liberty, officially titled Liberty Enlightening the World, dedicated on October 28, 1886, is a monument commemorating the centennial of the signing of the United States Declaration of Independence, given to the United States by the people of France to represent the friendship between the two countries established during the American Revolution. It represents a woman wearing a stola, a radiant crown and sandals, trampling a broken chain, carrying a torch in her raised right hand and a tabula ansata, where the date of the Declaration of Independence JULY IV MDCCLXXVI is inscribed, in her left arm. Standing on Liberty Island in New York Harbor, it welcomes visitors, immigrants, and returning Americans traveling by ship. Frederic Auguste Bartholdi sculpted the statue and obtained a U.S. patent for its structure. Maurice Koechlin—chief engineer of Gustave Eiffel's engineering company and designer of the Eiffel Tower—engineered the internal structure. The pedestal was designed by architect Richard Morris Hunt. Eugene Viollet-le-Duc was responsible for the choice of copper in the statue's construction, and for the adoption of the repousse technique, where a malleable metal is hammered on the reverse side.

The statue is made of a sheathing of pure copper, hung on a framework of steel (originally puddled iron) with the exception of the flame of the torch, which is coated in gold leaf (originally made of copper and later altered to hold glass panes). It stands atop a rectangular stonework pedestal with a foundation in the shape of an irregular eleven-pointed star. The statue is 151 ft (46 m) tall, but with the pedestal and foundation, it is 305 ft (93 m) tall.

Worldwide, the Statue of Liberty is one of the most recognizable icons of the United States. For many years it was one of the first glimpses of the United States for millions of immigrants and visitors after ocean voyages from around the world.

・・・という感じですね^^

それにしても、今日も寒いっスね~(T-T)
こんな日は、自由の女神さんも近くにある「大江戸温泉物語」で温まりたいんじゃないですかね~。

もっとも、折角お客さんが来てるのに、自分だけそそくさと温泉になんぞ出かけたら、「自由の女神」じゃなくて、「自由な女神」(笑)と呼ばれちゃいそうですよね~。。。

・・・え?そもそも何で温泉かって?。。。そりゃぁ、「入浴(ニューヨーク)」だから(笑)

引き続き鎌倉なんですが、何か?(笑)

というわけで、やってきたのは「鶴岡八幡宮」。
前回のブログ記事では、「静御前」さんでいきましたよね~(^-^)b

このところ寒いですが。。。でも春は来てるんですね~。

kamakura012.jpg

この頃、名所・旧跡に来るたび、実はそこに咲いている花が気になりだしているんです。
きっといにしえの方々もこの美しさを愛でたんじゃないかってね。。。

・・・誰?キャラが違うって言うのは!(笑)

いやいや、それだけ「ゆとりある時間」の大切さが分かるようになったんですよっ。
ほらココにも。

kamakura013.jpg

あはぁ~っ!やっぱりこの画ですよね~^^

kamakura011.jpg

で、ここから振り返って見る・・・え、え、え、な、無いっ!
思わず愕然とするワタシ。。。

kamakura010.jpg
・・・ウケた?(笑)

そう、無いんです。あの「大銀杏」!
ご存知の通り、3月10日に倒壊してしまったんです(T-T)

ではこのあたりで、いつものやつを。
本日はその「大銀杏」について。

The ginkgo that had stood next to Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu's stairway almost from its foundation and which appears in almost every old print of the shrine, was completely uprooted and irreparably damaged at 4:40 in the morning on March 10, 2010. According to an expert who analyzed the tree, the fall is likely due to rot. The tree was nicknamed kakure-ichou because according to an Edo period urban legend, a now-famous assassin hid behind it before striking his victim.

Under heavy snow on the evening of February 12, 1219, shogun Minamoto no Sanetomo was coming down from Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu's Senior Shrine after assisting to a ceremony celebrating his nomination to Udaijin. His nephew Kugyou, son of second shogun Minamoto no Yoriie, came out from next to the stone stairway of the shrine, then suddenly attacked and assassinated him. For his act he was himself beheaded a few hours later, thus bringing the Seiwa Genji line of the Minamoto clan and their rule in Kamakura to a sudden end.

・・・という感じでしょうか。
「銀杏」は英語で「ginkgo」って言うんですね~。。。

・・・そう、「ginkgo」(銀行)だけに、債権(再建)処理が望まれます m(_ _)m

さて本日より「いざ鎌倉編おかわり」(笑)
前回の鎌倉編でイジリそびれた(←不謹慎な物言いっ!)場所に戻ってきました~(^0^)Y

やってきたのは「長谷寺」。
そろそろお花がキレイな季節に。。。

kamakura002.jpg

あはぁ~っ、ありましたねっ。春って感じですネ^^
今日もまたあの十一面観音様に会えるんでしょうか。

kamakura003.jpg

んんんっ。。。これは「地蔵堂」ですね~。
以前に巣鴨の回のブログ記事で「お地蔵様」は済んでいるので、パス!(-_-)y

そういえば確か上には。。。

kamakura004.jpg

前回イジリそびれた「いかにもいい音の鳴りそうな鐘突き堂」(笑)
手前の松や梅が、「これから厳かな鐘の音をお聞かせします」と言っているようですねっ!

kamakura005.jpg

あは~っ、如来様もご健在で m(_ _)m

kamakura006.jpg

・・・よく見るといっぱい立ってます(笑)

その先のお堂も画になりますね~^^

kamakura007.jpg

おや?前回は気づかなかったのですが、大黒様もいらっしゃったんですね~。

kamakura008.jpg

で、前回思いっきり撮影し忘れた「正面」(←何やってたのっ!)

kamakura009.jpg

・・・だって、中が撮影禁止なんだもん(T-T)

というわけで、あらためて長谷寺を堪能しました。
またそのうちおじゃましますね~。ほな、さいなら(笑)

kamakura001.jpg

ん?何か忘れてる。。。あ、あ、いつものやつを、やってない!

仕方ありません・・・ではソコで目に留まった「提灯」も含めた「日本の照明器具」で、いってみましょう(笑)


【Andon】

The andon is a lamp consisting of paper stretched over a frame of bamboo, wood or metal. The paper protected the flame from the wind. Burning oil in a stone or ceramic holder, with a wick of cotton, provided the light. Rapeseed oil was popular. Candles were also used, but their higher price made them less popular. A lower-priced alternative was sardine oil.

The andon became popular in the Edo period. Early on, the andon was handheld; it can also be placed on a stand or hung on a wall. The okiandon was most common indoors. Many had a vertical box shape, with an inner stand for the light. Some had a drawer on the bottom to facilitate refilling and lighting. A handle on top made it portable. A variety was the Enshu andon. One explanation attributes it to Kobori Enshu, who lived in the late Azuchi-Momoyama Period and early Edo period. Tubular in shape, it had an opening instead of a drawer. Another variety was the Ariake andon, a bedside lamp. The kakeandon under the eaves of a shop, often bearing the name of the merchant, was a common sight in the towns.

The expression hiru andon, or "daytime lamp," meant someone or something that seemed to serve no purpose. In dramatizations of the story of the forty-seven ronin, Oishi Yoshio is often given this description.


【Bonbori】

The bonbori was a small, portable andon with a six-sided cross-section and a rather wide, open top. Like the andon, it consisted of paper over a frame.


【Chochin】

The chochin had a frame of split bamboo wound in a spiral. Paper or silk protected the flame from wind. The spiral structure permitted it to be collapsed into the basket at the bottom. The chochin hung from a hook at the top. In present-day Japan, plastic chochin with electric bulbs are still produced as novelties, souvenirs, and for matsuri and events. The earliest record of a chochin dates to 1085, and one appears in a 1536 illustration.

The akachochin, or red lantern, marks an izakaya.


【Tourou】

Originally used in the broad sense to mean any lantern, the word tourou came to mean a lamp of stone, bronze, iron, wood, or another heavy material. These illuminate the grounds of Buddhist temples, Shinto shrines, Japanese gardens, and other places that include tradition in their decor. The earlier oil and candles have given way to the electric bulb.

・・・てな感じでどうでしょう?

しかしまぁ。。。何度来ても、イイ所ですよね~。日本人だからホッとする空間・・・もちろん外国人の方も寛げる趣があるんでしょうね~。。。

・・・そう、お客様の数がそれを、証明(照明)してます m(_ _)m

今回ついに、このブログも150回目を迎えました m(_ _)m
これもひとえに、皆様からの温かいアクセス(笑)のおかげでございますぅ。。。

というわけで、実はまだ皇居なんですが・・・

koukyo006.jpg

・・・やっぱり普段の日はコッチからは入れないんっスね~(T-T)
記念のネタが拾えないぃぃぃ。。。

仕方ありません・・・
では本日はとっておきのヤツを。

今回は結構皆さんが勘違いされている件についてなんですが、
さて問題です。コレは何でしょう?

koukyo004.jpg

「二重橋」・・・ブブーッ、はずれです(>_<)
正解は「正門石橋」。

で、奥にあるコレ↓
koukyo005.jpg

実はこの、正式名称「正門鉄橋」こそが、通称「二重橋」なんです!(^0^)/

奥の「正門鉄橋」は、ちょうど江戸城の西丸下乗橋のあった位置で、濠が深いため、当時の木造橋の時代に技術的な問題から橋桁が二重に架けられていたそうです。そこから、「二重橋」と呼ばれるようになったんですね~。

現在の鉄橋は昭和39年(1964年)に架け替えられたもので、橋桁は二重ではありません。

ちなみに手前にある「正門石橋」は、江戸城の西丸大手橋があった位置なんですが、現在の石橋は明治20年(1887年)に造られたもので、橋桁が二重なため、「この石橋が二重橋である」との誤認が多いそうなんです。。。ご存知でしたか~(一_一☆)

ではこのあたりで、いつものやつを。
本日はその「二重橋」でいきましょう!

Nijubashi (in English, double bridge) is the name of bridges at the front gate of Imperial Palace. The inner bridge is "Seimon Tekkyo" (the iron bridge of front gate), whereas the outer one is "Seimon Ishibashi" (the stone bridge of front gate). The origin of the name double bridge is that the inner bridge at Edo era had double-structured, of which lower bridge increased the strength of upper bridge, so originally only the inner bridge was called Nijubashi. But now it has been changed and the official view of the Imperial Household Agency is that the origin of the name is derived from the view of two bridges. Both bridges were originally wooden bridges, and the inner bridge was build as stone bridge in 1887, while the outer bridge was built as iron bridge in 1888, using German architecture. The gate connected with Seimon Ishibashi is Ohte Mon, and the building at further inner side is Fushimi Yagura.

・・・という感じでしょうか。
では続きまして、その「伏見櫓」についても m(_ _)m

Fushimi Yagura is a small castle inside the Imperial Palace at Ohte Mon. It is told that this building was derived from Fushimi castle of Kyoto. The current building was rebuilt after collapsed at the Kanto Great Earthquake in 1925.

Kyoto Fushimi castle was originally built at Yubitsuki along Uji river by Toyotomi, Hideyoshi, and after collapsed in 1596 it was moved and rebuilt at Momoyama. The castle was attacked and fired by Ishida Mitsunari troops, then repeatedly rebuilt by Tokugawa Ieyasu.

・・・ですねっと。

それにしても、つくづく通訳ガイドさんって大変ですよね~。
この「正門石橋」は「二重橋」ではないとか、とにかく色んなものを何度も何度もきちんと調べて、外国人観光客の方に正しいことを伝えないといけないんですもんね。。。

・・・そう、「石橋をたたいて渡る」くらいでないと(笑)

最近、めっきり花粉症(T-T)
こんなときは都内でも環境の良いトコロで療養を。。。

で、やってきたのは、なんと「皇居」。
しかも中に入っちゃいます(^-^)/

koukyo001.jpg

あ~4時で終わりなんですね~^^
じゃぁ、ざっくりと見て回りますかねっ!(←「ざっくりと」ってどーゆーこと?・笑)

フラフラ歩いていくと。。。

koukyo003.jpg

おぉーっ、桜じゃ(嬉)

ちなみにこの「桜」ですが、古語的に解説しますと「さ」=「神様」で、「くら」=「立っている場所」で、「さくら」=「神様の立っている場所」という意味なんだそうです。で、ついでに「酒」は、「さ」=「神様」、「け」=「食べ物」で、「さけ」=「神様の食べ物」だそうで。。。なるほど、だから「お花見」は「桜の木の下で酒を飲む」のが正しいんですね~(一_一☆)

ではこのあたりで、いつものやつを。
本日はココ「皇居」のかつての呼び名「江戸城」でいきましょう!

Edo Castle, also known as Chiyoda Castle, is a flatland castle that was built in 1457 by Ota Doukan. It is located in Chiyoda in Tokyo, then known as Edo, Toshima District, Musashi Province. Tokugawa Ieyasu established the Tokugawa shogunate here. It was the residence of the shogun and location of the shogunate, and also functioned as the military capital during the Edo period of Japanese history. After the vacation of the shogun and the Meiji Restoration, it became the Tokyo Imperial Palace. Some moats, walls and ramparts of the castle survive to this day. However, the grounds were much more extensive during the Edo period, with Tokyo Station and the Marunouchi section of the city lying within the outermost moat. It also encompassed Kitanomaru Park, the Nippon Budokan Hall and other landmarks of the surrounding area.

The warrior Edo Shigetsugu built his residence in what is now the Honmaru and Ninomaru part of Edo Castle, around the end of the Heian or the beginning of the Kamakura period. The Edo clan perished in the fifteenth century as a result of uprisings in the Kanto region, and Ota Dokan, a retainer of the Ogigayatsu Uesugi family, built Edo Castle in 1457.

The castle later came under the control of the Late Hojo clan. The castle was vacated in 1590 due to the Siege of Odawara. Tokugawa Ieyasu made Edo Castle his base after he was offered six eastern provinces by Toyotomi Hideyoshi. He later defeated Toyotomi Hideyori, son of Hideyoshi, at the Battle of Sekigahara in 1600, and emerged as the political leader of Japan. Tokugawa Ieyasu received the title of Seii Taishōgun in 1603, Edo became the center of Tokugawa administration.

Initially, the area was not habitable with parts of it lying under water. The sea reached the later Nishinomaru area of Edo Castle, and Hibiya was a beach. The land was changed for the construction of the castle. Most construction took place starting in 1593 and reached completion in 1636 under the grandson Tokugawa Iemitsu. By this time, Edo had a population of 150,000.

The grounds grew with the addition of Nishinomaru, Nishinomaru-shita, Fukiage, and Kitanomaru areas to the existing Honmaru, Ninomaru, and Sannomaru areas. The perimeter measured 16 km.

The daimyo were required by the shogun to supply building materials or finances, a method used by the shogunate to keep the powers of the daimyo in check. Large granite stones were moved from afar, the size and number of the stones depending on the wealth of the daimyo. The wealthier ones had to contribute more. Those who did not supply stones were required to contribute labour in tasks like digging the large moats and flattening hills. The earth that was taken out from the moats were used as landfill for sea-reclamation or to level the ground. Thus the construction of Edo Castle laid the foundation for parts of the city where merchants were able to settle.

At least 10,000 men were involved in the first phase of the construction and more than 300,000 in the middle phase. When construction ended, the castle had 38 gates. The ramparts were almost 20 metres and the outer walls 12 metres high. Moats in rough concentric circles were dug throughout for further protection. Some of the moats reached as far as Ichigaya and Yotsuya areas, parts of the ramparts survive to this day. Either the sea or the Kanda river surrounded it, enabling navigation by ships.

Various fires over the centuries damaged or destroyed parts of the castle, since Edo and the majority of the buildings were constructed out of wood.

On April 21, 1701, in the Great Pine Corridor (Matsu no Rouka) of Edo Castle, Asano Takumi-no-kami drew his short sword and attempted to kill Kira Kozuke-no-suke for insulting him. This triggered the events involving the Forty-seven Ronin.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

で、さらに先へと。。。
あ、ココが江戸城の本丸があった場所なんですね~。

koukyo002.jpg

・・・土台しかありません(T-T)
ええ、明暦の大火で焼失してしまったそうで。。。

・・・そりゃぁ、あれだけの火事ですもん。焼け残るなんて、どだい(土台)無理な話で(笑)

さて、本日から都内に戻ってきました~。

日光はホント、寒かったのですが・・・やっと「春」がやってきたって感じです。
うららかな日差しに誘われて、やってきたのは「旧東京音楽学校 奏楽堂」。

・・・え?何故ココかって。。。そのうちわかりますって(一_一☆)

sougakudou03.jpg

なんかカッコイイっすね~(^0^)b
ちょいと入口の方へ廻ってみましょう!

sougakudou01.jpg

おおーっ!美しいっ!(嬉)
あ、何か書いてありますねっ。。。

sougakudou02.jpg

そうそう、この「旧東京音楽学校 奏楽堂」は、明治23年に創建された日本最古の木造の洋式音楽ホールで、移築後の昭和63年1月に国の重要文化財にも指定されました。

この建物の2階にある音楽ホールは、かつて滝廉太郎がピアノを弾き、山田耕筰が歌曲を歌い、三浦環が日本人による初のオペラ公演でデビューを飾った由緒ある舞台なんです。

・・・というわけで、前回からは「滝つながり」(笑)

ちなみに、ホール正面に据えられたパイプオルガンは、アボット・スミス社製でパイプ総数はなんと1,379本。
いまでは世界でも珍しい空気式アクション機構で、わが国最古の貴重なコンサート用オルガンなんだそうです。。。み、見たいっすね~^^

ちょっとおじゃまをば。。。

sougakudou04.jpg

入口上壁のランプが、いい味出してます^^

sougakudou06.jpg

では、おじゃまします・・・って。。。え?写真撮影はココまでっすか~(T-T)

仕方ないです。。。ではいつものやつを。
本日は「奏楽堂」について。

Tokyo Sougaku-do Concert Hall, established in 1890, is the oldest concert hall in Japan. Formerly the Hall belonged to the Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music.

In 1972 it had however become too old for school use, so the Taito City obtained its property and designated it as an Important Cultural Properties.

The hall was rebuilt in Ueno park, and nearby stands the statue of Rentaro Taki, one of its alumni.

・・・で、その「滝廉太郎」さんもついでに(←おいおい、失礼なっ!)

Rentarou Taki was a pianist and one of the best-known composers of Japan.

Taki was born in Tokyo, but moved to many places during his childhood owing to his father's job. He graduated from the Tokyo Music School in 1901. One of his famous pieces is Koujou no Tsuki, which was included in the songbook for junior high school students, along with the Hakone-Hachiri. Hana is a well-known song, too.

In the same year, Taki went to the Leipzig Conservatory, Germany to study music further, but fell seriously ill with tuberculosis of the lungs and came back to Japan. He lived quietly in the country afterwards, but soon died at the age of 23. His posthumous work is a solo piano piece called Urami (憾), which he wrote four months before he died. It is said that he laid the meaning of "regret" in the title of his last piece.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

あ、ご本人が^^

sougakudou05.jpg

どーもこんにちは m(_ _)m

中の音楽ホール、とっても良かったですよ~(^-^)/
ワタシもギターの弾き語りなんぞしてみたくなりましたぁ。。。

・・・ええ、ギターのネックに紐をくくりつけて、ブツブツ言いながらステージにギターを引きずって(←それじゃぁ「引き語り」でしょ・笑)


ちなみに、ピアノの引き語りは、重いから止めとこっと(笑)

さて、いよいよ「日光編おかわり」も佳境へ。。。
最後は前回、霧+水煙で真っ白で、コチラの頭の中も真っ白になってしまった「華厳の滝」デス(笑)

・・・あ、今日は大丈夫そうですね~^^

nikko016.jpg

雪は残っていますが、空は晴れていますので。。。なんとか。
では展望台へと。

nikko017.jpg

「滝」が凍ってます(>_<)

そもそもココに来るときは、本来観光シーズンであることが多いので、極寒の時期自体が初めてなんですが・・・滝って、凍るんですね(←当たり前じゃ!・笑)

よく修行僧が滝に打たれて、なんて画がありますが・・・この時期の荒行だと、つららが降ってきて痛いっスね(T-T)

nikko018.jpg

立っているだけで寒いので、とっとと、いつものやつを(笑)
本日はまず「華厳の滝」から。

Kegon Waterfalls are located at Lake Chuzenji (source of the Oshiri River) in Nikko National Park in the city of Nikko, Tochigi Prefecture, Japan. The falls were formed when the Daiya River was rerouted by lava flows. About twelve smaller waterfalls are situated behind and to the sides of Kegon Falls, leaking through the many cracks between the mountain and the lava flows.

At 97 m high, it is one of Japan's three highest waterfalls. In the autumn, the traffic on the road from Nikko to Chuzenji can sometimes slow to a crawl as visitors come to see the fall colors.

で、この「華厳」自体の意味・・・というか由来についても少々 m(_ _)m

Kegon (華厳) is the name of the Japanese transmission of the Huayan school of Chinese Buddhism. This transmission occurred through the Korean Hwaeom tradition.

Huayan studies were founded in Japan when, in 736, the scholar-priest Rouben (良辯; a monk of the Hossou tradition) invited Shinshou (審祥) to give lectures on the Avatamsaka Sutra at Kinshousen-ji (金鐘山寺), the origin of later Toudai-ji. When the construction of Toudai-ji was completed, Rouben entered that temple to formally initiate Kegon as a field of study in Japanese Buddhism, and Kegon-shu would become known as one of the "Nanto Rikushu" (南都六宗, The Six Buddhist Sects of Nanto (Nara). Rouben's disciple Jitchu continued administration of Todaiji temple and expanded its prestige through the introduction of imported rituals. Kegon thought was later be popularized in Japan by Myoue (明惠), who combined its doctrines with those of Vajrayana and Gyounen (凝然), and is most responsible for the establishment of the Toudai-ji lineage of Kegon.

Over time, Kegon incorporated esoteric ritual from Shingon Buddhism, with which it shared a cordial relationship, and continues to this day with limited temples overseas.

・・・という感じですね。

ちなみに、ココ日光の「華厳の滝」の発見者は勝道上人さんと伝えられています。

仏教経典の1つである華厳経から名づけられたといわれてるんですが、日光では他に阿含滝、方等滝、般若滝、涅槃滝もあることから、「五時の教判(きょうはん)」(お釈迦様は最初に華厳経を説き、その教えが難しいため人々が理解できなかったとして、次に平易な阿含経を説いたとするお話。人々の理解の割合に応じて、方等経、般若経を説き、最後の8年間で法華経と涅槃経を説いたとする。そして最後に説いた法華経がお釈迦様のもっとも重要な教えであるとするもの)からなぞらえて命名されたものと考えられています。

・・・え?ワタシ?
個人的には「五時の教判(きょうはん)」より、「五時の夕飯(ゆうはん)」の方がはるかに興味があります(←早メシかっ!・笑)

前回から、なぜか「けっこうな日光編おかわり」(笑)
そもそも、「おかわり」って一体???(^o^;)

実は前のブログ記事「けっこうな日光編」のシリーズで残念だった場所を今一度訪ねてみる、という趣旨でございます。。。アメリカのドラマ風に言うと「Nikko ~シーズン2~」ってやつですね~(←何か面白そう・笑)

で、鬼門・・・じゃなかった「唐門」の後は、中禅寺湖へ。

nikko015.jpg

そうそう、こないだはビミョ~に天気が良すぎて、あたり一面モヤった挙句、山も見えず(T-T)

さて今日はってぇと。。。

nikko013.jpg

あ、こないだよりイイ感じですね~^^
もう少し近づいてみましょう(^-^)q

・・・これは「絶景」!

nikko014.jpg

山肌が一面雪で覆われているわけではありませんが、キレイですよね~。

ではこのあたりで、いつものやつを。
本日はこの山「男体山」で、いってみましょう!

Mount Nantai, also called Futarasan, is a stratovolcano in the Nikko National Park in the main island of Japan. It stands at 2,486 m high. The mountain is popular with hikers, and the trail to the summit starts through a gate at Futarasan Shrine's Chugushi (中宮祠, middle shrine). The gate is open between 5 May and 25 October.

Mount Nantai is selected as one of the 100 famous mountains in Japan.

In September 2008, the Japan Meteorological Agency was asked to reclassify Mount Nantai as "active" based upon work by Yasuo Ishizaki and colleagues of Toyama University showing evidence of an eruption approximately 7000 years ago.

Archeologists affirm that during the Yayoi period the most common go-shintai (御神体, a yorishiro housing a kami) in the earliest Shinto shrines was a nearby mountain peak supplying with its streams water, and therefore life, to the plains below, where people lived.

Mount Nantai constitutes Futarasan Shrine's go-shintai, and the shrine is an important example of this ancient type of mountain cult. Significantly, the name Nantai itself means "man's body". The mountain not only provides water to the rice paddies below, but has the shape of the phallic stone rods found in pre-agricultural Joumon sites.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

本家、富士山の「赤富士」もいいですが、この男体山の「白富士」(←勝手に名づけてる^^)もキレイじゃないですか~。。。

赤 vs 白、あなたはどちらがお好きですか?・・・そう、結果は「何 対(男体)何」?(笑)

前回のブログ記事が「加藤清正」さん。。。
そう、家康さんが最も恐れた男^^

で、ホントにそうなのか・・・コレは本人に訊くしかないっすね~。

というわけで、再びやってまいりました「日光」(笑)

nikko003.jpg

さ、寒いっス(T-T)
とっとと中へ進みましょう!・・・で、ココ↓

nikko004.jpg

さすが日光は、雪景色も絵になりますね~^^

nikko005.jpg

ほおぉ~っ。。。陽明門デスね~。
近くで見ると感慨もひとしおです(^0^)b

nikko007.jpg

前回お邪魔した時は、雨と霧で神秘的な感じがしたのですが、今回は雪の翌日の晴れだったので、色味がひときわ冴えていますっ!(嬉)

nikko008.jpg

ホント、彫刻がスゴイすね~^^

nikko009.jpg

あ、前回の日光編で解説した「神輿」もご健在で(笑)
今回はパスします(←何でやねん!)

え?・・・だって本日は、前回補修工事中だった「唐門」がお目当てですもんっ!

ではこのあたりで、いつものやつを。
本日はその「唐門」でいってみますね~。

The karamon or karakado is a type of gate seen in Japanese architecture. It is characterized by the usage of karahafu, an undulating bargeboard peculiar to Japan. Karamon are often used at the entrances of Japanese castles, Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines, and have historically been a symbol of authority.

Although kara (唐) can be translated as meaning "China" or "Tang", this type of roof with undulating bargeboards is an invention of Japanese carpenters in the late Heian period. It was named thus because the word kara could also mean "noble" or "elegant", and was often added to names of objects considered grand or intricate regardless of origin. The karahafu developed during the Heian period and is shown in picture scrolls to decorate gates, corridors, and palanquins.

Initially, the karahafu was used only in temples and aristocratic gateways, but starting from the beginning of the Azuchi-Momoyama period, it became an important architectural element in the construction of a daimyo's mansions and castles. The karamon entrance was reserved for the shogun during his onari visits to the retainer, or for the reception of the emperor at shogunate establishments. A structure associated with these social connections naturally imparted special meaning.

Karamon would later became a means to proclaim the prestige of a building and functioned as a symbol of both religious and secular architecture. In the Tokugawa shogunate, the karamon gates were a powerful symbol of authority reflected in architecture.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

え、え、え、えぇーっっっ(◎o◎)

nikko010.jpg

ま、まだやってたんすか(T-T)

nikko011.jpg

あとどのくらいかかりますの?

nikko012.jpg

え?この工事が20年がかり・・・しかもやっと3年目???(T-T)
やっぱり家康クンに嫌われているようです。。。

・・・ワタシにとって、ココは「唐門」というより、「鬼門」(笑)

さて、やっとのことで、表参道の目的地へ。。。
やってきたのは「明治神宮」の中にあるパワースポット・・・

「清正井(きよまさのいど)!」

kiyomasa.jpg

・・・入れましぇん(T-T)
ちょっと前までは、人がほとんどいなかったのに~??? どーゆーことっ!?

なんでも、テレビで紹介されて一躍有名になったとか。。。

そもそも、ココ「明治神宮」は、富士山から出た気が流れる“龍脈”上にあるらしく、自然の湧水である清正井には特に気が集まっているそうなんです。。。そのパワーを皆さん欲しがって来てるんですね~ w(゜o゜)w

・・・もっとも、ワタシは加藤清正さんそのものに会いたいので、で、で、場所移動!


ブログ初、ワーーープッ!


で、やってきたのは「覚林寺」。。。細かく言うと「清正公(せいしょうこう)覚林寺」なんだそうです^^

shirogane_kakurinji01.jpg

あ・・・ココも七福神がらみがあるんですね~(^-^)/

shirogane_kakurinji02.jpg

ふ~む。。。確かに清正さんのイメージって、「毘沙門天」って感じかも(一_一☆)

shirogane_kakurinji03.jpg

ちなみにこの「ハトメ」みたいなやつが、加藤家の家紋なんですねっ!

shirogane_kakurinji04.jpg

なかなかキレイに祀られています。。。

shirogane_kakurinji05.jpg

もともとこの「清正」さん、知力と気力を兼ね備えた武将さんとして有名ですが、実は築城も得意としており、熊本城や名護屋城、蔚山倭城、江戸城、名古屋城など数々の城の築城に携わったそうなんです。また地元肥後の国では、治水事業を積極的に行ったんですが、その土木技術は極めて高く、いまだに使用されている遺構も少なくないそうです・・・まさに「土木の神様」だったんですね~^^

ではこのあたりで、いつものやつを。
本日は「加藤清正」さんで、いってみましょう!

Kato Kiyomasa was born in Owari Province to Kato Kiyotada. Kiyotada's wife, Ito, was a cousin of Toyotomi Hideyoshi's mother. Kiyotada died while his son (then known as Toranosuke) was still young. Soon after, Toranosuke entered service with Hideyoshi, and in 1576, at age 14, was granted a revenue of 170 koku. He fought in Hideyoshi's army at the Battle of Yamazaki, and later, at the Battle of Shizugatake. Owing to his distinguished conduct in that battle, he became known as one of the Seven Spears of Shizugatake. Hideyoshi rewarded Kiyomasa with an increased revenue of 3000 koku.

When Hideyoshi became the kampaku in the summer of 1585, Kiyomasa received the court title of Kazue no Kami (主計頭) and junior 5th court rank, lower grade (従五位下). In 1586, after Higo Province was confiscated from Sassa Narimasa, he was granted 250,000 koku of land in Higo, and given Kumamoto Castle as his provincial residence.

A devoted member of Nichiren Shu Buddhism, Kiyomasa encouraged the building of Nichiren temples. He did not see eye-to-eye with Ishida Mitsunari, and Hideyoshi recalled him to Kyoto. He came into conflict with Konishi, who ruled the neighboring domain in Higo, and was a Christian. Kiyomasa was noted for suppressing Christianity. At the battle of Hondo, he ordered his men to cut open the bellies of all pregnant Christian women and cut off their babies' heads.

During the Battle of Sekigahara, Kiyomasa remained in Kyuushuu, siding with the eastern army of Tokugawa Ieyasu. For his loyalty to the Tokugawa, Kiyomasa was rewarded with the former territories of his rival Konishi (who had sided with Ishida), which when added to his existing territory, increased the Kumamoto domain to around 530,000 koku.

In his later years, Kiyomasa tried to work as a mediator for the increasingly complicated relationship between Ieyasu and Toyotomi Hideyori. In 1611, en route by sea to Kumamoto after one such meeting, he fell ill, and died shortly after his arrival. He was buried at Honmyo-ji temple in Kumamoto, but also has graves in Yamagata Prefecture and Tokyo. Kiyomasa is also enshrined in a Shinto shrine in Kumamoto.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

この清正さん、関が原の戦いでは家康さんサイドについたのですが、やはりその後も豊臣家への忠義心から、慶長16(1611)年3月に、京都の二条城で家康さんと豊臣秀頼さんとの会見を取り持つなど、なんとか和解してもらおうとしました・・・で、その帰り道になんと急死してしまいます。。。

実はコレ、家康さんによる「暗殺」ではないかとの噂が(怖)
毒饅頭による毒殺という説が存在するんです。。。

・・・うわぁ~っ!「まんじゅうこわい」・・・ついでに「駿河(久能山東照宮)の濃いお茶も怖い」(T-T)

え~、まだまだ表参道におりまして。。。

昼食を終えて、さて本題へ向かおうと・・・と・・・えぇっ (o_o;)

zenkoji001.jpg

・・・「信州 善光寺別院」???
コレってあの「善光寺」さんの都内出張所(←その表現やめいっ!・笑)なんですか?

zenkoji002.jpg

実はワタシ、まだ本家の「善光寺」さんにおじゃましたことがないんですが。。。結構風格がありそうですね~^^
では、せっかくなので、中へ(コレで1つネタ増えたっと♪)

zenkoji003.jpg

あ、鳴らしたらイイ音しそうな鐘がありますね~。

zenkoji004.jpg

本当にこじんまりとしていますが、随所の装飾が素晴らしく、
あ、向こうに本堂が見えますねっ!(嬉)

zenkoji005.jpg

見た目の「形」が本当にキレイですね~。。。

そういえば、ココ「牛に引かれて善光寺参り」の「善光寺」さんでしたね。
そもそも何で「牛に引かれて」なんでしょうか?

実はこれ、逸話があります。

昔、信濃の国、小県の里という所に、ひとりのおばあさんが住んでいました。
ある日、軒下に布を干していると、どこからか牛が一頭やってきて、その角に布を引っかけて走り去ってしまいました。
「なんてことをするんだい!その布を盗んでどうするんだ。」
などと怒りながらその牛を追いかけていきました。

ところが牛の逃げ足は早く(←最近なかなか見かけないタイプの牛さんですね・笑)、なかなか追いつきません。そうする内に夜もふけ、とうとう善光寺の金堂前まで来てしまいました。すると牛はかき消すように姿が見えなくなりました。ところが善光寺の仏さまの光明がさながら昼のようにそのおばあさんを照らしました。ふと、足下に垂れていた牛の涎(よだれ)を見ると、まるで文字のように見えます。

 うしとのみおもひはなちそこの道に
          なれをみちびくおのが心を

と書いてありました。
信心を起こしたおばあさんはその夜、一晩善光寺如来さんの前で念仏を称えながら夜を明かしました。昨日追いかけてきた布を探そうとする心や、怒りの感情はもうなく、家に帰ってこの世の無常を嘆き悲しみながら暮らしていました。

そして、たまたま近くの観音堂にお参りしたところ、あの布が観音さんの足下にありました。ここでやっとこのおばあさんは、牛に見えたものは、この観音菩薩さんの化身であったのだと気づき、ますます善光寺の仏さまを信じて、極楽往生を遂げたという話だそうです。

・・・ちょっと「脚色」された節もありますが(^-^;)

ではこのあたりで、いつものやつを。
本日は「善光寺」でいきましょう!

Zenkou-ji is a Buddhist temple, located in Nagano, Japan. The temple was built in the 7th century. Nagano City, established in 1897, was originally a town built around the temple. Historically, the Zenkou-ji is perhaps most famous for its involvement in the battles between Uesugi Kenshin and Takeda Shingen in the 16th century, when it served as one of Kenshin's bases of operations. Currently, the Zenkou-ji is one of the last few remaining pilgrimage sites in Japan.

Zenkou-ji was founded before Buddhism in Japan was split into several different sects, so it currently belongs to both the Tendai and Jodo Shu schools of Buddhism, and is co-managed by twenty-five priests from the former school, and fourteen from the latter. The temple enshrines images of the Amida Buddha. According to legend, the image, having caused dispute between two clans, was dumped into a canal. It was later rescued by Yoshimitsu Honda. The temple was thus named "Zenkou," according to the Chinese transliteration of Yoshimitsu's name.

The main Buddhist image is a hibutsu (secret Buddha), a hidden Buddha statue, not shown to the public. This hibutsu is rumored to be the first Buddha statue to ever be brought to Japan. The commandments of the temple require the absolute secrecy of the statue, prohibiting it to be shown to anyone, including the chief priest of the temple. However, a replica of the statue (Maedachi Honzon) has been created which can be shown publicly once every six years in spring, in a ceremony called Gokaichou. This event attracts many worshippers and visitors. When the statue was on display in 2003, Zenkou-ji cooperated with Motozenkou-ji and Zenkou-ji of Kofu, Yamanashi Prefecture. The most recent display of "Maedachi Honzon" took place in April and May, 2009.

The temple contains a statue of Binzuru, a physician who was said to be Buddha's follower. Visitors to the temple touch the statue in order to cure their ailments. The temple also contains an inner prayer chamber, accessible to visitors. Currently, a daily morning ritual is held there by the high priest or priestess. From the inner chamber, a narrow staircase leads down to a completely dark corridor. In this corridor worshippers try to touch a metal key hanging on the wall, in order to gain enlightenment. The key represents the Key to the Western Paradise of the Amida Buddha.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

それにしても、見ていて飽きない造りですね~^^
じっと見つめていると、確かに心が穏やかになる気がします。

あ、いけない、今日は行く場所があったんですねっ!そろそろおいとまをせねばっ!

・・・ワタシにとっては「後ろ髪を引かれて善光寺参り」(笑)


え!? そもそも引かれる量の後ろ髪があるのかって!?・・・し、失敬なっ!(`θ'#)

さて今日は、素朴な疑問。。。
そもそも「表参道」って地名は???

やってきたのは、ココ「表参道」。
よく考えてみたら、「参道」じゃないですか~(←今頃気づいたのかいっ!・笑)

omotesando001.jpg

・・・そういえば、いま初めて気がつきました。。。これ、「灯籠」なんですね w(◎b◎)w
しかも、「石灯籠」!

omotesando002.jpg

なるほど、だから「通ろう」なんてな(笑)

・・・あ、終わりじゃありません(T-T)
実は今日来たのは、この界隈でみんなでランチを食べることになってまして~♪

この「表参道」のエキチカ。。。けっこう美味い店が揃ったフードコートになってるんですね~。あと食材の買い物とかもできるんです(←食うことばっかやね)

で、そもそも「参道」ですから・・・え?どこのって?。。。そりゃぁ、明治神宮のデス m(_ _)m

ではこのあたりで、いつものやつを。
本日はまず「表参道」で。

Omotesando is an avenue, subway station and neighborhood in the Minato and Shibuya wards in Tokyo stretching from Harajuku station, the foot of the famous Takeshita Street, to Aoyama-dori where Omotesando station can be found. Zelkova trees line both sides of the avenue. Around 100,000 cars drive down the main street daily.

Omotesando was originally created as the frontal approach to Meiji Shrine, when the Shrine was dedicated in the Taisho era.

It is known as an upscale shopping area featuring several international brand outlets, ranging from Louis Vuitton and Gucci to the more affordable Gap, The Body Shop, Zara, and others. Omotesando is also home to the famous Japanese toy store Kiddyland, a well known and extremely trendy shopping center geared primarily toward young women Laforet, Oriental Bazaar, and Gold's Gym. It is sometimes referred to as "Tokyo's Champs-Elysees". Its latest development, Omotesando Hills, opened in 2006. Omotesando's side streets feature a range of trendy cafes, bars, and restaurants, as well as boutique stores specialising in everything from handbags to postcards to vintage glass bottles.

Every year Omotesando is the venue for Tokyo's Saint Patrick's Day Parade.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

では続きまして、と。。。あ、道の左サイドにある「オリエンタル・バザール」は以前にやったので、本日は右サイドにある「表参道ヒルズ」でいきましょう!

Omotesando Hills was built in 2005, in a series of Tokyo urban developments by Mori Building. It occupies a two hundred and fifty meter stretch of Omotesando, a famous shopping and previously residential road in Aoyama. It was designed by Tadao Ando, and contains over 130 shops and 38 apartments.

The construction of Omotesando Hills, built at a cost of $330 million, has been marked by controversy. The building replaced the Bauhaus-inspired Doujunkai Aoyama Apartments, which had been built in 1927 after the 1923 Kanto earthquake. The destruction of the apartments again raised questions about Japan's interest in preserving historic buildings. A small section of the old apartments is reconstructed in the South-East part of the new complex.

・・・ですねっと。

なるほど、ココも安藤忠雄さんの設計なんですね~^^

ではお腹もすいたので。。。ご同行の皆さん、ご飯モノにしますか?それともパン?

・・・全員一致で、パンに決まりました。これを「サンドイッチ(参道一致)」と言います(笑)

このブログを始めて以来、名前だけでも最も気になっていた場所の1つへ。。。
え?そんなにスゴイ所なのかって・・・

やってきたのは「こんにゃく閻魔」。
もうネーミングが抜群です~(^0^)b

・・・何か問題でも?

konnyaku_enma01.jpg

だって、何でこの組み合わせなのか(笑)
まあ、先へ進みましょう!

konnyaku_enma02.jpg

思ったより普通でした。。。っていうか、いまだ名前が謎。。。

konnyaku_enma03.jpg

あはぁ~、なるほど。
このお寺は正式には「源覚寺」というんですね~^^

この源覚寺の閻魔さんの右目部分は、割れて黄色く濁っていますが、それにはこんな言い伝えがあるそうです。

宝暦年代のころ(1751年~1764年)、眼病を患った老婆が閻魔大王さんに、21日間の祈願を行ったところ、夢の中に大王さんが現れ「願掛けの満願成就の暁には、私の両目の内、ひとつを貴方に差し上げよう」と言われたそうです。

そして満願の日に、老婆の目は見事に治りましたが、以来、大王さんの右目は盲目となったそうです。
老婆は感謝のしるしとして好物の「こんにゃく」を断ち、それを供えつづけたということで、このことから、源覚寺の閻魔さんは「こんにゃく閻魔」と呼ばれるようになり、眼病治癒の閻魔さんとして今も人々の信仰を集めているんです。。。閻魔さんって怖いイメージがありますが、実は優しいトコもあるんですね~。

konnyaku_enma04.jpg

・・・やっぱり皆さん「こんにゃく」をお供えしてますね~って、、、
ええぇっ!?・・・写真を撮ろうとしたら急にモヤがかかって。。。(゜o゜;)

しかも隣の社務所の紋は・・・コレ、閻魔さんが持っているあのマークっ(怖)

konnyaku_enma05.jpg

・・・うわぁっ!

konnyaku_enma06.jpg

急に俗っぽい(笑)
ちょっとホッとしました^^

ではこのあたりで、いつものやつを。
本日は2本立てでまいります・・・まずは「こんにゃく」(Konjac)から。

Konjac is grown in India, China, Japan and Korea for its large starchy corms, used to create a flour and jelly of the same name. It is also used as a vegan substitute for gelatin.

In Japanese cuisine, konjac (known as konnyaku) appears in dishes such as oden. It is typically mottled grey and firmer in consistency than most gelatins. It has very little taste; the common variety tastes vaguely like salt. It is valued more for its texture than flavor.

Ito konnyaku (糸蒟蒻) is a type of Japanese food consisting of konjac cut into noodle-like strips. It is usually sold in plastic bags with accompanying water. It is often used in sukiyaki and oden. The name literally means "thread-konjac."

Japanese konnyaku is made by mixing konjac flour with water and limewater. Hijiki is often added for the characteristic dark color and flavor. Without additives for color, konnyaku is pale white. It is then boiled and cooled to solidify. Konnyaku made in noodle form is called shirataki and used in foods such as sukiyaki and gyudon.

The dried corm of the konjac plant contains around 40% glucomannan gum. This polysaccharide makes konjac jelly highly viscous.

Konjac has almost no calories but is very high in fiber. Thus, it is often used as a diet food.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

で、もう1本は。。。もうお分かりですね~、「閻魔さん」(Yama)で(笑)

Yama, the name of the Buddhist dharmapala and judge of the dead, who presides over the Buddhist Narakas, "Hells" or "Purgatories". Although ultimately based on the god Yama of the Hindu Vedas, the Buddhist Yama has developed different myths and different functions from the Hindu deity. He has also spread far more widely, and is known in every country where Buddhism is practiced, including China and Japan.

In Chinese mythology, Yan Wang, also called Yanluo, is the god of death and the ruler of Di Yu ("hell" or the underworld). The name Yanluo is a shortened Chinese transliteration of the Sanskrit term "King Yama". In Korean, the same characters are pronounced Yomra and the deity is usually referred to as the Great King Yomra. In Japan Yanluo is referred to as Emma Dai-Ou ("Great King Yama"). In both ancient and modern times, Yanluo is portrayed as a large man with a scowling red face, bulging eyes and a long beard. He wears traditional robes and a crown on his head that usually bears the kanji 王, which stands for "king."

Yanluo is not only the ruler but also the judge of the underworld and passes judgment on all the dead. He always appears in a male form, and his minions include a judge who holds in his hands a brush and a book listing every soul and the allotted death date for every life. Ox-Head and Horse-Face, the fearsome guardians of hell, bring the newly dead, one by one, before Yanluo for judgement. Men or women with merit will be rewarded good future lives, or even revival in their previous life. Men or women who committed misdeeds will be sentenced to torture and/or miserable future lives. The second level of Di Yu was ruled by king Chu Jiang and reserved for thieves and murderers.

The spirits of the dead, on being judged by Yanluo, are supposed to either pass through a term of enjoyment in a region midway between the earth and the heaven of the gods, or to undergo their measure of punishment in Naraka, the nether world, situated somewhere in the southern region. After this time they may return to Earth in new bodies.

Yanluo is considered to be an office or bureaucratic post, rather than an individual god. There were said to be cases in which an honest mortal was rewarded the post of Yanluo, and served as the judge and ruler of the underworld.

In his capacity as judge, Yanluo is normally depicted wearing a Chinese judge's cap in Chinese and Japanese art. Yanluo sometimes appears on Chinese Hell Bank Notes.

・・・でございます m(_ _)m

それにしても、まだまだ肌寒き折・・・こんにゃくを見てたら「みそ田楽」なんぞが食べたくなりました。
こんにゃく買って帰ろうっと。。。

・・・え?いつ食べるのかって。。。そりゃぁ、「今夜喰う(こんにゃくぅ)」(笑)

Copyright ©Yokoso! Japan - 通訳ガイド的日本再発見. Powered by FC2 Blog. Template by eriraha.

FC2Ad

上記広告は1ヶ月以上更新のないブログに表示されています。新しい記事を書くことで広告を消せます。