Yokoso! Japan - 通訳ガイド的日本再発見

海外から日本に来る外国人観光客の方々に、通訳ガイドの視点から、日本の良さを伝えたい…日頃見慣れた風景もあらためて見れば新鮮に映る、そんな視点で日本を再発見し、通訳ガイドの方もすぐ活用できるように、英語で紹介します。

プロフィール

ホイサムジャイ

Author:ホイサムジャイ
放浪癖あり(笑)。好きなTV番組は「モヤモヤさまぁ~ず」「ちい散歩」「タモリ倶楽部」「ぶらり途中下車の旅」などなど。。。良く言えば「自由人」、悪く言えば「鉄砲玉」(←出たら戻って来んのかい!)

最新記事

最新コメント

最新トラックバック

月別アーカイブ

カテゴリ

天気予報


-天気予報コム- -FC2-

Admin

上記の広告は1ヶ月以上更新のないブログに表示されています。
新しい記事を書く事で広告が消せます。

毎度のことなんですが。。。外国からのお客様が何に「食いつく」のか(笑)
で、本日はこのところ観光客がとみに増加しているあの場所へ。

向かっているのは「鉄道博物館」(^-^)b

tetsu_haku01.jpg

そのために乗る鉄道がコレですね~(嬉)
なんか、懐かしいような感じを覚えます^^

実はこのニューシャトル、何種類かのデザインがありまして。。。

tetsu_haku03.jpg

んんんっ。。。てことはこのデザインが一番基本なんですねっ!
あ、あ、あ・・・出発しちゃいました(T-T)仕方ありません、次の電車を待ちましょ。

tetsu_haku02.jpg

ほぉ~っ、今度は一番新しいタイプが来ましたね~^^



・・・で、現地到着!

tetsu_haku04.jpg

鉄道博物館までの道すがらにも、色々面白いオブジェがありますね(^0^)/

tetsu_haku05.jpg

ではこのあたりで、いつものやつを。
本日はその「鉄道博物館」で、いってみましょう!

The Railway Museum is located in Saitama, Japan, which opened on 14 October 2007. It was built and is operated by the East Japan Railway Culture Foundation, a non-profit affiliate of the East Japan Railway Company. It consists of a 19,800 square meters building on a site covering 42,500 square meters, with a display area 9,500 square meters in size.

The museum features about 30 railway cars, train cab simulators, railway model dioramas, mini trains, storage for artefacts and books, video booths, a multi-purpose hall, a gallery balcony, a cafeteria, a museum shop, and a research room.

The museum places emphasis on learning through interactive experiences and is mainly divided into two zones: the history zone and the learning zone. The history zone recounts the history of railway technology with the help of trains that were in service in the past. In the learning zone, visitors can gain knowledge of the principles and mechanisms of railway with the use of actual parts and models. The tour of the museum takes roughly two hours with extra time for interactive exhibits.

The present Railway Museum is the successor to the Transportation Museum in Chiyoda, Tokyo. This museum also opened as the Railway Museum under the elevated railway track near Tokyo Station celebrating the beginning of the 50th year of the railways in Japan on 14 October 1921. In 1936, the Railway Museum was relocated to the new facility built in the place of former building of Manseibashi Station, which station continued to operate until 1943 as an accessory of the museum. The museum was renamed to the Transportation Museum in 1948 to cover various means of transportation while the railway was still the main exhibit of the museum. On 14 May 2006 the museum was closed pending a move to the new Railway Museum in Saitama.

・・・という感じでしょうか。

ではいよいよ入場しますねっ・・・って、あぁぁっ、しまった!もうGW休暇に突入しちゃうんですよね~w(゜o゜)w
大変恐縮ですが、ワタシはこのままココで過ごしますので、更新はGW明けってことに m(_ _)m

ご覧いただいてる皆様も、どうぞそのままお待ちください。
くれぐれも「途中下車」は、なさらないようにお願いします。。。

・・・そう、乗りかかった船。。。じゃなくて「電車」ですので(笑)


というわけで、次回の更新は連休明けになります。
鉄道博物館の魅力をいっぱいお届け・・・できるといいっすね~

いきなりですが、問題です。
日本の三大東照宮のうち、東京に最も近いのはドコ?

正解は川越にある「仙波(せんば)東照宮」・・・っていうか、他の2つ(日光&久能山)は有名ですが、残り1つがこんな所にあったんですね~。。。

senba_toushouguu01.jpg

・・・なんか地味(T-T)
イヤな予感がしつつも、中へ進みましょう。

senba_toushouguu02.jpg

確かに立派な石鳥居なんですが・・・なにゆえこんなに人っ気がないんでしょうか???
他の2つの東照宮の派手さと比べると、ちょっとツライものがありますねっ。

おや?奥に上へと続く石段があります。では、期待をこめて上ってみましょ(^o^)/

senba_toushouguu03.jpg

・・・おぉぉっ、あの葵の御紋はっ!・・・え?入れないんですかぁ(T-T)
仕方がないので、門の隙間から中を撮影。。。

senba_toushouguu04.jpg

・・・やっぱり地味デス。・・・あ、でもココは静かでちょっと好きかも^^
で、折角なので石段の所で、ひと休み。・・・では、「仙波東照宮」について。

Nikko Toshogu Shrine is most famous for honoring Tokugawa Ieyasu but there are numerous Toshogu Shrines throughout Japan. The Toshogu found in Kawagoe is one of the three major Toshogu Shrines in Japan called, "Semba Toshogu Shrine".

In 1616, Tokugawa Ieyasu died in Sunpu (present day Shizuoka Prefecture) and the remains were carried from Shizuoka to Nikko Mountain. On the way, a four day Buddhist memorial service was held by Tenkai Daisoujou at Kita-in Temple. As a result, Toshogu Shrine was built in 1633 on the southside of Kita-in Temple.

Five years later in 1638, "The Big Fire of Kanei" burned down everything except for the Kita-in Mountain Gate. When Tokugawa Iemitsu declared the restoration of Kita-in Temple, the reconstruction of Toshogu began first and was completed in 1640. The Honden Main Shrine with its brilliant colored lacquer ornaments, and Karamon Gate, Mizugaki Fence, Haiden Front Shrine, Heiden Side Shrine, Zuishin Front Gate, stone Torii Gate are all recognized as important cultural assets. The pillars found in the shrine pavilions have elaborate carvings that suit Toshogu Shrine. Inside the main shrine, a statue of Ieyasu can be found. Among the cultural assets are the pictures of Sanjyu Roku Kasen Egaku and 12 sided Taka Egaku.

・・・と、こんな感じでしょうか。

しかしまぁ・・・折角の三大東照宮なのだから、もう少し盛り上げてもいいんじゃないでしょうかね~。
タレントさんか俳優さんを使って、プロモーションなんてどうでしょうか。

そうそう、うってつけの方がいますね・・・「松平健」さん!
暴れん坊将軍を演じているので、徳川のイメージがありますもんねっ^^

・・・え?キャンペーンソングっ?。。。そりゃもちろん「マツケンセンバ(仙波)」でしょ(笑)

さてさて・・・やっと喜多院の中に入りました。
おぉっ!やはり「川越大師」さんだけあって、色々なモノがありますね^^
kawagoe_kitain04.jpg
まずは本殿から・・・いや~立派なもんです。
続いて「多宝塔」もっ!
kawagoe_kitain05.jpg
さすがは家康さんの法要を取り仕切っただけあって、金かかってますね~(←言い方がえげつないねっ!・笑)

おや・・・五百羅漢さんもあるんですか?
ではちょいと覗いてみましょう。。。
kawagoe_rakan01.jpg
・・・いっぱい居ます(驚)

この「五百羅漢」さんたちですが、お釈迦様が経典を編纂するときに全国から集められた「編集者」たちだそうで。。。お釈迦様の周りを、側近の十六羅漢が取り囲み・・・その他にもいろんな方々がいらっしゃいますね~。

で、是非見つけて頂きたいのが2人。
まずは、1人だけ「眼鏡」をかけている羅漢さん。
kawagoe_rakan03.jpg

もう1人は、唯一の女性(尼さん)。
kawagoe_rakan02.jpg

現場で探してみてくださいね^^

ではそろそろ、いつものヤツを。
まずは「お釈迦様と弟子の羅漢さんたち」について。

"Gohyaku Rakan" means the Five Hundred Rakan Buddhist Saints. They were the immediate disciples of Buddha Shakyamuni, who actually lived in old India in the sixth century B.C. He was born to the Royal Couple of a small nation in India. That means he was the crown prince.

Shakyamuni often wondered why the life was full of sufferings in his youth. The suffering of birth, the suffering of sickness, the suffering of aging and the suffering of death. At the age of 29, he decided to set out on a journey to search for the answer to that question. He performed the extreme asceticism that no one had ever done before him, he said. He tortured himself in various ways day and night, night and day eating only a grain of rice and a grain of sesami a day.

Shakyamuni finally found the answer to that question after six-year hard discipline and became the enlightened one. And those five hundred monks followed him faithfully and they finally became saints, Rakan. It means the One to be Respected.

Along the approach to the Image of Buddha Sakyamuni, which is in the center of the enclosure, stand the statues representing the Ten Greatest Disciples of Buddha and the Sixteen Great Disciples.

で、ココ「喜多院」の五百羅漢についても少々。

The most popular part of Kitain is the enclosure that holds the 500 Statues of Rakan. As the name indicates, these lichen-covered stone sculptures depict rakan, which in early Buddhism were saintlike figures, somewhat like bodhisattvas in later Buddhism. The modestly named 500 Statues (there are actually 540) are meant to represent the full range of human emotion, and it is said that if you enter the enclosure in the dead of night and touch all the statues you will find one that is warm. Mark it, return in the morning and you will discover the statue that most resembles yourself.

・・・と、こんな感じでしょうか。

しかしまぁ、あれだけの仏教経典の編纂ですから、ホント大変だったでしょうね~。
間違いがあってはいけないモノですから、500人がかりで校正したりして・・・

「えぇっ!? 何!? 誤字脱字があったぁ!? こらぁかんっ(羅漢)!」(←くっ・・・苦しいっ・笑)

さて今回は、前のブログ記事で出てきた日枝神社のはす向かいにある「喜多院」へ。
山門に屋根があるので、どうにか雨は凌げそうです。。。

kawagoe_kitain01.jpg

では雨宿りかたがた、中へ入ってみましょう。

kawagoe_kitain03.jpg

・・・ふと右を見ると・・・おや !?

kawagoe_kitain02.jpg

「白山権現」・・・権現!ってことは、家康さんですかっ!? w(゜o゜)w

・・・なになに、家康さんが亡くなられた時、日光に祀る行程中、この喜多院に立ち寄り4日間の大法要が営まれたそうです。。。で、この法要を取り仕切ったのが「天海(てんかい)大僧正」さん。

この天海さん、徳川創世記に色々と重要な役割を成し遂げているんですが、謎も多い人物だそうで・・・天台宗の大僧正として「比叡山延暦寺」や、ココ喜多院の復興、上野寛永寺の創建などを行いました。

また家康さんより信頼の厚かった天海さんは、1616年に家康さんより「自分の没後の名前を授けてほしい」と頼まれ、ココでの法要と共に、家康さんに「権現」(権現と明神のどちらにするか悩んで、最終的に権現に決めたそうです)という称号を授け、ここから家康さんは「東照大権現」と呼ばれるようになりました。

で、この天海さん最大の謎が、実は「明智光秀」さんなのではないか、というもの。
実際、山崎の戦い(光秀さんが本能寺の変で織田信長さんを自害させた後、豊臣秀吉さんによって返り討ちにあったという合戦)で光秀さんは殺されたのかどうかが不明な上、そもそも信長さんが殺されるのを元々知っていたかのような、秀吉さんの迅速な対応、その後の「信長の後継者としての天下統一」・・・こりゃ、もしかしたら信長さんの死自体が、仕組まれた陰謀なのかもしれませんね。。。

・・・で、戦国時代によくあったというケースが、負け戦になった時、武将は寺に駆け込み急遽出家することで、殺されるのを免れていたというものだそうで・・・ということは、この後光秀さんは出家し、「天海」さんになった、という噂もあながち間違っていないのかもしれませんね。信長さんが焼き討ちした延暦寺の復興を担当させられたという事からも、何となく・・・(一_一☆)

では本日はそのあたりを説明してみましょう!

Tenkai (1536 – 1643) was a Japanese Tendai Buddhist monk of the Azuchi-Momoyama and early Edo periods. He achieved the rank of Daisoujou, the highest rank of the priesthood. His Buddhist name was first Zuifuu (随風), which he changed to Tenkai in 1590. Also known as Nankoubou Tenkai (南光坊 天海), he died in 1643, and was granted the posthumous title of Jigen Daishi (慈眼大師) in 1648.

Tenkai was at Kita-in (北院) in Kawagoe in 1588, and became abbot in 1599. He was on the staff of Tokugawa Ieyasu, and served as a liaison between the Tokugawa Shogunate and the Imperial Court in Kyoto. One of his projects was the rebuilding of Enryaku-ji, which had been devastated by Oda Nobunaga. He also revitalized Kita-in, and changed the characters of its name to "喜多院". Nearing death in 1616, Tokugawa Ieyasu entrusted Tenkai with his last will regarding matters of his funeral and his posthumous name. Tenkai selected gongen rather than myoujin, and after death Ieyasu became known as Toushou Daigongen.

Tenkai established Kan'ei-ji in 1624.Tenkai continued to serve as a consultant to the next two Tokugawa shoguns. In 1624, retired shogun Tokugawa Hidetada and ruling shogun Tokugawa Iemitsu asked him to establish Kan'ei-ji, a Buddhist temple to the northeast of Edo Castle in Ueno.

There are several theories concerning his early life. Some fiction writers postulate that he was in actuality Akechi Mitsuhide. It is not certain whether Mitsuhide died at the Battle of Yamazaki or not, and some suppose that he survived and began a new life as the priest Tenkai.

・・・と、こんな感じでしょうか。

もしこの噂が真実だとしたら、天海さんだけに「僧正な(そうとうな)」つわものですよねっ!
こんなミステリーがいっぱいの「喜多院」に、また来たいん?(←出たっ!ダジャレ2連発っ)


・・・いいから早よ中に進まんかいっ!って自分にツッコミましょ(笑)

ハイ、またまた川越デス(笑)
続いて訪れたのは、「日枝神社」。

都内では赤坂見附駅近くにある山王の「日枝神社」が有名ですが、実はその本祀が、ココ川越にある日枝神社なんです。
kawagoe_hiejinja01.jpg
太田道灌さんが江戸に日枝神社を造るにあたり、ココ川越から分祀をしたそうでございます。
てことは、さぞかし重厚な佇まいなんでしょうかね~。

kawagoe_hiejinja02.jpg
・・・あれ?メチャメチャきれいじゃないですかっ!?

実はこの日枝神社、建造物の老朽化が進んだため、昔の建物は取り壊され、平成16年に再建されたばかりだそうです^^ ・・・そりゃ、新しいわな。

ではこの辺で、本日は、日枝神社の歴史から、東京の日枝神社についてをば。

Hie Shrine was designated as a First Class Government Shrine before the Second World War, and was a highly respected place of worship for the people of Tokyo.

The deity enshrined is Oyamakui-no-kami, the god of Mount Hie in Shiga prefecture. This deity is more commonly known as Hie-no-kami. Hie Shrine derives its name from this deity.

Since the Heian Period, many branch shrines of the Hie Shrine in Shiga prefecture were built throughout Japan.

The history of this Hie Shrine goes back to the beginning of the Kamakura Period when a man named Edo built a Hie Shrine for the guardian deity of his residence on grounds of the present Imperial Palace.

In 1478, Ota Dokan constructed Edo Castle on the site of the present Imperial Palace. He also erected a Sanno-Hie Shrine in the compound for a guardian deity of the castle.

The Shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu began ruling Japan from Edo Castle. He also became a patron of the Hie Shrine and worshipped the deity as the protector of Edo, the old name for Tokyo. The citizens of Edo also had the strongest faith in Hie Shrine, which enshrined the guardian deity of the Shogun.

In 1607, the shrine was moved outside of Edo Castle to Hayabusa-cho, near the present Kokuritsu Gekijo National Theatre. This allowed the citizens of Edo to visit and worship at the shrine. In 1657, Hie Shrine and much of Edo was destroyed by fire. However, in 1659, Shogun Tokugawa Ietsuna rebuilt the shrine at its present location.

The shrine buildings were constructed in the Gongen-Zukuri style with vermilion-lacquered finishings. The Gongen Zukuri style consists of a complex roof system in which the Haiden hall of worship and Honden inner sanctuary are connected.
The Heiden offering hall, Haiden hall of worship, Honden inner sanctuary and Roumon gate were so magnificent that they were authorized as National Treasures.

Regrettably, the shrine buildings were burnt down in the bombing of Tokyo during the World War II in 1945. The present shrine buildings were constructed in 1958 with contributions from numerous parishioners and worshippers.

・・・と、こんな感じでしょうか。

おや?ポツポツと急に雨が降ってきました。。。こりゃぁまいった!周囲に雨宿りできる場所もないし・・・

とりあえず撤収しましょう、「ひえぇーっ!」(←くだらんダジャレでココまで「冷え」神社っ!・笑)

Copyright ©Yokoso! Japan - 通訳ガイド的日本再発見. Powered by FC2 Blog. Template by eriraha.

FC2Ad

上記広告は1ヶ月以上更新のないブログに表示されています。新しい記事を書くことで広告を消せます。